T.E.D. Continuing Care Anti-Embolism Stockings are thigh length, closed toe compression stockings designed for continued care of the recuperating patient. The closed toe also provides added comfort.
- Clinically proven to reduce Thromboembolic Disease
- Designed for recuperating patient
- Graduated compression pattern
- Closed toe for patient comfort
Because the risk of Thromboembolic Complications can extend up to six (6) weeks after hospitalization, T.E.D. Stockings in closed toe style (full foot) are available in knee length and thigh length for the patient at home.
Kendall's T.E.D. Anti-Embolism Stockings offer the optimal ankle to mid-thigh gradient levels as defined by Sigel et al. No other manufacturer offers this recommended compression level.
- Thigh High
- Closed Toe
- Available in White Only
- Manufacturer: Kendall
- Product: T.E.D. Continuing Care Anti-Embolism Stockings
- Available in Small, Medium, or Large and Short Length, Regular Length, or Long Length (see sizing chart and sizing instructions below)
- Product Numbers: 4297, 4300, 4303, 4298, 4301, 4304, 4299, 4302, 4305
Sizing Instructions - Please read instructions and refer
to the Sizing Chart at the bottom of this page
Calf Measurement: Measure around your calf. If your calf measurement is less than 12", order a Size SMALL; less than 15" = MEDIUM; less than 17 1/2" = LARGE. If your calf measure is greater than 17 1/2", these stockings will not work for you.
Length Measurement: Measure the drop from the base of your buttocks to the floor. This will determine the length of the stocking. If your length is less than 29", order a SHORT; less than 33" order a REGULAR; greater than 33", order a LONG.
Thigh Measurement: Measure around your thigh right below the buttock. Any measurement 25" or under, the Kendall T.E.D. Thigh High Hose will fit you. If your thigh measurement is greater than 25", these stockings are not right for you.
If you have any questios regarding the proper size, please call us and we will be happy to assist you in finding exactly the right size!
An elastomer system in T.E.D. Stockings is specifically designed to speed blood flow by providing gradual compression with the most compression at the ankle and gradually diminishing pressure up the calf. These stockings are manufactured under the most rigid quality control inspections to assure the precise pressure necessary to discourge thrombus formations.
T.E.D. Stocking Contraindications:
Stockings may not be recommended for patients with the following:
1. Any leg condition in which stockings would interfere, such as: Dermatitis (skin problems), vein litigation (recent leg surgery), gangrene, or recent skin graft.
2. Severe vascular diseases, such as arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) that cause poor circulation to the leg.
3. Massive edema (swelling) of the legs, or pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs) from congestive heart failure.
4. Extreme deformity of the leg.
5. For thigh length, patients with a circumference greater than 25 in (63.5 cm) at the gluteal furrow.
These stockings are only to be worn on your doctor's advice and during the time period recommended.
T.E.D. HOSE ARE RETURNABLE ONLY IN ORIGINAL, UNOPENED PACKAGE.
CLICK ON CHART BELOW TO ENLARGE
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of your medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.