T.E.D. Continuing Care Anti-Embolism Stockings are knee length, closed toe compression stockings designed for continued care of the recuperating patient. The closed toe also provides added comfort.
- Clinically proven to reduce Thromboembolic Disease
- Designed for recuperating patient
- Graduated compression pattern
- Closed toe for patient comfort
Because the risk of Thromboembolic Complications can extend up to six (6) weeks after hospitalization, T.E.D. Stockings in closed toe style (full foot) are available in knee length and thigh length for the patient at home.
An elastomer system in T.E.D. Stockings is specifically designed to speed blood flow by providing gradual compression with the most compression at the ankle and gradually diminishing pressure up the calf. These stockings are manufactured under the most rigid quality control inspections to assure the precise pressure necessary to discourge thrombus formations.
T.E.D. Stocking Contraindications:
Stockings may not be recommended for patients with the following:
1. Any leg condition in which stockings would interfere, such as: Dermatitis (skin problems), vein litigation (recent leg surgery), gangrene, or recent skin graft.
2. Severe vascular diseases, such as arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) that cause poor circulation to the leg.
3. Massive edema (swelling) of the legs, or pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs) from congestive heart failure.
4. Extreme deformity of the leg.
5. For thigh length, patients with a circumference greater than 25 in (63.5 cm) at the gluteal furrow.
Important:T.E.D. HOSE ARE RETURNABLE ONLY IN ORIGINAL, UNOPENED PACKAGE.
These stockings are only to be worn on your doctor's advice and during the time period recommended.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE! (Orders under $50 ship for a flat rate of $6.50)T.E.D. HOSE ARE RETURNABLE ONLY IN ORIGINAL, UNOPENED PACKAGE.
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of your medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
Covidien Kendall also offers Continued Care T.E.D. hose in Thigh High length. If you are looking for disposable anti-embolism stockings for recovery after surgery, authentic T.E.D. Anti-Embolism stockings with an open inspection toe are available in knee high and thigh high styles.
MetroMedicalOnline.com offers other styles of low compression socks. Visit our Compression Garments section or call us and we will help you select a style that is right for you.
MetroMedicalOnline also carries a variety of wrapping bandages such as Comprilian, Cover-Roll, Elastoplast, and Artiflex.