- Manufacturer: Systagenix Wound Management (formerly a Johnson & Johnson Company)
- Product Name: Adaptic Non-Adhering Dressings
- Product Number: 2012
- MMO Product Number: systa2012ea
- Dimensions: 3" x 3"
- Packaging: 1 individually wrapped sterile dressing.*
*Also sold by the box of 50 dressings.
Note From MetroMedicalOnline's Customer Service Department:
It is important to always contact your physician or wound specialist before starting any wound care therapy.
Additional Information Provided by the Manufacturer:
Benefits of ADAPTIC™ Non-Adhering Dressing:
- Helps prevent dressing adherence
- Helps protect regenerating tissue and minimise patient pain at dressing changes
- Helps prevent pooling of fluid at the wound site
- Exudate easily passes through to the secondary absorbent dressing
- Can be cut to wound size without unravelling or shredding
How does ADAPTIC™ Non-Adhering Dressing work?
ADAPTIC™ Non-Adhering Dressing protects the fragile tissue in wounds by its' unique structure with small mesh size, preventing tissue to adhere to either the ADAPTIC™ or the secondary dressing on top of it. As it is knitted, ADAPTIC™ can be cut to wound size. The mesh allows for exudates to easily pass through to the secondary dressing used, preventing maceration of the wound surface.
ADAPTIC™ dressing is a primary dressing made of knitted cellulose acetate fabric and impregnated with a specially formulated petrolatum emulsion. It is designed to help protect the wound while preventing the dressing from adhering to the wound.
ADAPTIC™ dressing is indicated for dry to highly exuding wounds where adherence of dressing and exudate is to be prevented, including:
- First and second degree burns
- Venous ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Nail extractions
- Surgical incisions
- Reconstructive procedures
- Suture lines
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Prepare the wound according to wound management protocol.
2. Ensure skin surrounding the wound is dry.
1. Carefully clean the wound following facility protocol.
2. Cut ADAPTIC™ dressing to size if required and place directly on the wound.
3. Cover with sterile secondary dressing of your choice depending on the amount of wound exudate.
4. ADAPTIC™ Dressing may be left in place for several days depending upon amount of exudate.
Do not use if individual pack damaged/opened.
The use by date of this product is printed on the packaging.
Orders under $50 ship for a flat rate of $6.50. Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Due to the nature of this product and our adherence to strict safety precautions, this product is NOT returnable unless it is unopened and has not been tampered with in any way. View Return Policy.
This item will typically ship via USPS when shipped alone.
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of your medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 - Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
Adaptic is available is the following sizes: 3"x3" (#2012), 3"x16" (#2014), 3"x8" (#2015), 3"x60" Roll (#2018), and 5"x9" (#2019). Sold individually or by the box.
MetroMedicalOnline offers high quality Pacifica Exam Gloves to be worn while cleaning the wound and changing dressings. After consulting your physician, products such as Blairex Sterile Wound Wash Saline or Sea-Clens are good options for wound cleansing. Many of our customers have reported excellent results using Puracyn Skin and Wound Cleanser OTC (formerly Microcyn OTC). Puracyn OTC is an innovative new approach to wound care promoting faster healing time. It is a non-irritating, pH-balanced wound cleanser for minor cuts, burns, irritations, and superficial abrasions of the skin.
After the wound has closed, proven scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, or Kelo-Cote will improve the appearance of scars and prevent abnormal or excessive scar formation. Always consult your physician or wound care specialist before starting any wound care treatment program.
We also carry supplies for compression wrapping such as Comprilan, Elastoplast, and Jobst Cover-Roll.