Comfort Shield can help "improve the effectiveness of communication among caregivers.
This JCAHO National Patient Safety Goal requires "a standardized approach to 'hand off' communications, including an opportunity to ask and respond to questions. Since IAD prevalence is so high, Sage developed Peri CheckTM. Their exclusive, peel-and-stick labels empower your staff to observe and report incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD) and other skin issues to the patient's nurse. This promotes rapid response with follow-up interventions.
- Includes Peri Check labels which empower staff to observe/report IAD and other skin problems. Helps meet JCAHO requirements to improve caregiver communication.
- Proven barrier protection. 3% dimethicone formula was proven equivalent to traditional tube barrier creams by Northwestern University's Department of Dermatology.
- Helps treat and prevent perineal dermatitis; helps seal out wetness.
- Breathable, transparent dimethicone barrier makes skin assessment easy without removal. Helps eliminate mess and waste of standard zinc oxide and petroleum-based barriers; makes each cleanup easier.
- Helps maximize compliance to your incontinence care protocol. Delivers an effective barrier every time it is used.
- Dermatologist-tested formula. Proven hypoallergenic, gentle and non-irritating.
- Convenient tubs contain 24 cloths for extended use.
- Point-of-use access. Compatible with the new Shield Barrier Station.
Directions for Use:
- Manufacturer: Sage Products, Inc.
- Product: Comfort ShieldŽ Perineal Care Washcloths with Dimethicone
- Reorder Number: 7524
- Size: Tub of 24 Large Cloths
- Remove wet and soiled garment.
- Cleanse soiled area using a fresh washcloth.
- Use as often as necessary, especially is prolonged exposure to wetness is anticipated.
- For individual use only.
- Reseal label between uses to lock in moisture.
- Discard immediately is washcloths become dry.b>
Active Ingredient: Dimethicone (Skin Protectant)
For external perineal use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Stop use and consult a doctor if condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days. Keep out of reach of children.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of your medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.