The Polymem Island Cloth dressings offer all the benefits of PolyMem technology:
Breathable, adhesive-coated cloth backing
Ideal for resolving skin tears
Offers exceptional patient comfort
PolyMem has been successfully used in the healthcare setting for many years. No other single wound dressing combines four key wound-healing capabilities like PolyMem. Ferris PolyMemŽ is known worldwide as "The Pink Dressing." PolyMem provides a warm, moist, healing environment that promotes formation of granulation tissue and reepithelialization... and much more. PolyMem Dressings protect the wound as they facilitate the body's natural healing process. PolyMem is LATEX FREE.
How PolyMem's QuadraFoam Works:
PolyMem's QuadraFoam Provides Continual Cleansing
The dressing contains a mild, non-toxic wound-cleansing agent (F-68 surfactant) that is activated by moisture and gradually released into the wound bed. This reduces interfacial tension between healthy tissue and debris, loosens eschar and necrotic tissue, and supports autolytic debridement - all while keeping the wound bed clean throughout healing.
PolyMem's QuadraFoam Encourages Wound Comfort and Health
Glycerin, a moisturizer contained in the dressing, keeps the dressing from adhering to the wound bed and provides comfort at the wound site. Glycerin also reduces odor, conserves living fat cells, reduces hypergranulation, soothes traumatized tissues, and supports autolytic debridement.
PolyMem's QuadraFoam Offers Impressive Wound Wicking Power
The polyurethane membrane matrix wicks away up to ten times its weight in exudate. It will not fragment and leaves no residue in the wound bed.
The superabsorbent starch copolymer in QuadraFoam absorbs and binds the water molecules from the wound fluid, allowing the natural growth factors and nutrients to concentrate in the wound bed.
PolyMem's QuadraFoam Provides Both a Liquid Barrier and Gas Exchange
The semipermeable thin film backing provides a liquid barrier while allowing gas (O2 and CO2) exchange and maintaining an ideal Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate (MVTR). The transparent film backing allows visual inspection of the membrane to determine the need for a dressing change.
PolyMem's Versatility and Benefits
PolyMem Helps Effectively Heal Most Common Wound Types
- Pressure ulcers (Stage I-IV)PolyMem Delivers All the Benefits of QuadraFoam
- Diabetic ulcers
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Donor and graft sites
- Dermatologic disorders
- First and second degree burns
- Skin tears
- Surgical wounds
- Tube sites
- Full and partial thickness wounds
- Leverages innovative formulation of QuadraFoam dressing materialPolyMem's Patented Formulation of Quadrafoam Benefits
- Creates an optimal healing environment
- Streamlines the process of treating wounds
- Saves caregivers time
- Reduces cost of materials
- Enhances patient comfort
PolyMem' s QuadraFoam Streamlines the Process of Treating Wounds.
PolyMem's QuadraFoam Creates an Optimal Healing Environment
- With four aspects of wound care in one formulation, PolyMem's QuadraFoam can be used throughout the wound-healing continuum.
- PolyMem's QuadraFoam is also indicated for all wound types (e.g., full and partial thickness wounds, skin tears, ulcers, surgical wounds, first- and second-degree burns).
- PolyMem's QuadraFoam dressings are highly absorbent, allowing up to seven days between changes, depending on the wound status. This can mean a substantial reduction in labor and dressing costs.
- PolyMem's QuadraFoam dressings provide a clear built-in visual indication of when they need to be changed, taking the guesswork out of patient care.
- Because of PolyMem's built-in QuadraFoam cleansing and absorption capabilities, you may be able to change dressings less often and reduce wound bed cleansing during those changes, saving you precious time.
PolyMem's QuadraFoam Enhances Patient Comfort
- PolyMem's formulation of QuadraFoam keeps the wound bed moist and promotes the concentration of the body's naturally produced growth factors, nutrients and regenerated cells in the wound bed. As a result, clinical studies show that PolyMem's QuadraFoam dressings offer quicker wound recovery times than traditional dressings and have been found to help heal wounds that had previously been unsuccessfully treated.
- PolyMem's built-in cleansing capabilities minimize the need for manual wound bed cleansing during dressing changes. Manual cleansing can be harmful, disturbing the wound bed and any surrounding healthy tissue.
QuadraFoam, Four-in-One Healing
- PolyMem's QuadraFoam uses glycerin to soothe traumatized tissues, reducing wound pain and providing comfort at the wound site.
- PolyMem's QuadraFoam dressing pad removes with virtually no pain, improving the caregiver-patient interaction and overall care experience.
QuadraFoam dressings effectively cleanse, fill, absorb, and moisten wounds throughout the healing continuum.
PolyMem's QuadraFoam contains a mild, non-toxic cleansing agent activated by moisture that is gradually released into the wound bed. Built-in cleansing capabilities reduce the need to cleanse wounds during dressing changes, so you can avoid disrupting the growth of healthy tissue as the wound heals.
QuadraFoam gently expands to fill and conform to the wound.
PolyMem's QuadraFoam wicks away up to ten times its weight in exudate.
QuadraFoam keeps the wound bed moist and soothes traumatized tissues, reducing wound pain and providing comfort at the wound site. The moisturizer also keeps the dressing pad from adhering to the wound so it removes with virtually no pain, improving the caregiver-patient interaction and overall care experience.
QuadraFoam Is Ready When You Need It
Built right into a QuadraFoam dressing, these four capabilities are ready when you need them-without incurring extra costs or needing additional supplies.
For example, the absorption capability activates only if the material detects exudate. QuadraFoam adjusts to the wound type to provide the dressing function needed.
QuadraFoam Can Effectively Replace These Wound Dressings
With PolyMem QuadraFoam dressings, you no longer need to rely on multiple wound care products. PolyMem has everything you need in one easy-to-use dressing.
PolyMem can effectively replace most common dressings:
- Polyurethane or silicone foams
- Hydrogels (by moistening with sterile water or saline)
- Alginates (by using PolyMem WicTM or PolyMem Wic SilverTM)
- Transparent films
- Gauze and traditional dressings
You can use PolyMem's family of dressings as primary dressings, secondary dressings or a combination of both to support the entire healing continuum.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of wound care products or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
Polymem is available in many different sizes and types, including nonadherent, island dressings, and Polymem with Silver.
MetroMedicalOnline offers high quality Pacifica Exam Gloves to be worn while cleaning the wound and changing dressings. After consulting your physician, products such as Blairex Sterile Wound Wash Saline or Sea-Clens are good options for wound cleansing. Many of our customers have reported excellent results using Puracyn Skin and Wound Cleanser OTC (formerly Microcyn OTC). Puracyn OTC is an innovative new approach to wound care promoting faster healing time. It is a non-irritating, pH-balanced wound cleanser for minor cuts, burns, irritations, and superficial abrasions of the skin.
After the wound has closed, proven scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, or Kelo-Cote will improve the appearance of scars and prevent abnormal or excessive scar formation. Always consult your physician or wound care specialist before starting any wound care treatment program.
We also carry supplies for compression wrapping such as Comprilan, Elastoplast, and Jobst Cover-Roll.