- Manufacturer: Nearly Me Technologies, Inc.
- Product Name: Retouch Silicone Scar Reduction Sheets
- Product Number: 1600215
- MMO Product Number: nearlyme1600215
- Size: 1.5" x 3.5" Strips
- Materials: 96% Silicone, 3% Nylon Spandex, 1% Polyurethane
- Packaging*: 3 pieces per bag
*Call for bulk purchase availability and pricing.
Features of Nearly Me® Retouch Silicone Scar Reduction Sheets
- Soft, adherent non-sterile silicone gel sheets that soften and flatten raised scar areas caused by surgery, burns, or cuts
- Sheets conform to the body for greater comfort, coverage, and body movement
- Can be cut to any shape and stay in place but may be taped or wrapped
- Results vary per person and by type of scar
- Recommended to be worn every day for a minimum of 6-8 hours for best and faster results
- Can be worn while sleeping
- Can be used on old as well as new scars
- Once scar is changed it will not change back
- Changes may be noticed in a few days or it may be several months
- Material: 96% Silicone, 3% Nylon Spandex, 1% Polyurethane
- Size: 1.5" x 3.5" Strips
- Reusable for months of applications
- Packaging: 3 pieces per bag
- Made in USA
Nearly Me Retouch Silicone Scar Reduction Sheets
Silicone treatment for scarring has been used in hospitals for years. Now there is a convenient and economical way to treat scars at home. Nearly Me® Retouch® Silicone Scar Reduction Sheets are soft, non-sterile, semi-adherent, medical-grade silicone gel sheets designed specifically to help reduce the appearance of old and new scars from surgery, burns, or cuts, including those following mastectomies or radiation.
These types of scars often cause pain and itching due to the firmer, non-elastic nature of the healed skin. Nearly Me Retouch Sheets are made of a 100% silicone composition that helps soften and flatten thick or raised (hypertrophic and keloid) scars. Each sheet comfortably conforms to the body for greater comfort and coverage and moves with the body.
When worn immediately after an injury has healed, it can help reduce the formation of hypertrophic or keloid scars. Changes include reducing the height of raised scars, helping to lighten the color of darkened scars, and helping to increase the elasticity of tight scars.
Results vary per person and type of scar. It is recommended that Retouch® sheets be worn every day for a minimum of 6-8 hours for best and faster results. They can be worn while sleeping. A change may be noticed in a few days or it may be several months. Once the scar is changed, it will not change back! They can be used on both new and old scars with results.
Nearly Me® Retouch® Silicone Sheets are available in several sizes, can be cut to any shape, are washable, and reusable for months of application, making them very economical.
Medical Testing Results: (from Manufacturer's website)
85% of test subjects achieved a noticeable difference in scar visibility, color, and height
Of this 85%:
- 100% had a reduction in visibility
- 33% had a reduction in color
- 33% had a reduction in height
- All scars were considered "old scars" (over 18 months old) with the youngest at 4 years and oldest at 26 years
Manufacturer's Directions For Use:
- 1. Wait until your injury has fully healed with no broken skin.
- 2. Wash and dry scarred area.
- 3. Do not use powder or lotion on scarred area. (This may permanently affect Retouch® adhesiveness.)
- 4. Remove foam cover from back of sheet. Keep foam liner for storing Retouch® when not in use.
- 5. Place sticky, uncovered side of the sheet over the scar to cover it.
- 6. If the scar is on a moveable joint or curved area, use medical tape or other bandage to help hold it in place.
- 7. Wear the Retouch® sheet against the scar for 2-3 hours, and increase the time to 8 hours a day after one week.
- 8. For best results, wear Retouch® every day or night until you achieve desired results.
- 9. Wash Retouch® sheets with soap and water and thoroughly air dry before wearing again. Any soap that is safe for your skin should be safe for Retouch®. Do not use solvents or alcohol.
- 10. Changes in the scar may be apparent after a few days or a few weeks. The length of treatment time will vary per individual. A person's skin type and the age and type of scar will all affect how long it takes to see results.
- 11. Manufacturer suggests before-and-after pictures so you can track changes.
- 12. Retouch® should not be used by anyone known to be allergic to silicone. If a rash develops, discontinue use and consult a physician. If you are using medical tape to hold Retouch® in place, this may also cause a skin reaction.
- 13. Do not place over nose or mouth.
- 14. Do not use on children under 12 without the advice or supervision of a doctor.
- 15. Do not use on open wounds.
- 16. Do not clean with alcohol or solvents.
- 17. The thin backing film may dislodge with extended use. Retouch® is still effective but should be covered with tape if wearing under clothing.
- 18. To avoid possible discoloration or damage to fabrics or furniture, do not place Retouch® directly against clothing or on wood surfaces.
Customer Comments from Manufacturer's website:
"When our son was eighteen months old, he was severely burned with hot water over his entire chest and stomach. The thick, raised, and ugly red scars that resulted during the healing process were nearly as devastating as the burn itself. We tried other silicone treatments but the thick sheets irritated his tender skin and created even more itching and uncomfortableness. The pads would also begin to smell after only a day's wear. The "Retouch" Silicone Scar sheets were a wonderful gift. Our son no longer cried when we applied the gel sheets to the scars. In fact, after baths, he wanted to put them on. The reduction in the size of the scars and thickness seemed almost over night. Although we did note some initial redness when a new sheets was used, it was very minimal. The fact that we could use the same sheet over and over was also a financial savings. We used the product for about 2-3 months with much success. Now, three years old, our son's scars are flat and nearly his natural skin coloration thanks to Retouch."
"I purchased the scar reduction silicone sheets (with very little hope, as I have tried everything, including laser surgery) for my stretch marks. After 2 weeks of use, the marks are softening and less noticeable. I have lived with them, very unhappily, for the past 22 years. Not only is there a definite improvement, the scars from my appendectomy and hysterectomy are lessening also. Thank you so very much!!"
"When I ordered the silicone patch to reduce the effects of scarring on the excision of a basal cell carcinoma, you had asked if I could evaluate the effectiveness of my previous experience in this area. I could not provide a definitive comment. However, this time I can. After the scar area was fully healed, it had an angry red welt around the perimeter. At the end of the first day of use, I removed the patch and the welt had leveled out. Amazing! The scar area, although still pink, is perfectly smooth to the touch. I am very glad I found you, and that it was so easy to order and use the silicone patch. My first patch, through the dermatologist, cost $100, while your patches only cost $25."
We at MetroMedicalOnline.com are dedicated to finding the perfect products for our customers and we believe in and stand by all of the products we offer. With a dedication to quality and comfort, we only offer products that pass our own rigorous standards and have been backed by many industry insiders including our professional fitters as well as our customers' feedback and testimonials. We do not offer products that we ourselves would not buy and believe in setting the standard in quality and reliability in the industry.
To speak to one of our caring, experienced Certified Fitters at MetroMedicalOnline.com call 1-866-774-9513.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Due to the nature of this product and our adherence to strict safety precautions, this product is NOT returnable unless it is unopened and has not been tampered with in any way. View Return Policy.
This item will typically ship via USPS when shipped alone.
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of your medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 - Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
MetroMedicalOnline.com carries several silicone products designed to reduce scars, including gels, sprays, and sheets. These include some of the most respected manufacturers that produce such wound care brand names as Mepiform, Kelo-Cote, and Smith & Nephew.
MetroMedicalOnline.com has a great selection of Skin Care products for every type of skin problem or need from radiation and chemotherapy issues to lymphedema to incontinence to maternity and pregnancy skin care needs.
Lindi Skin care products were specially designed for people undergoing cancer treatment. Lindi Skin products are just as effective for people with sensitive or dry skin. Made with the finest ingredients, Lindi products provide ultimate hydration.