Note From MetroMedicalOnline's Customer Service Department:
It is important to always contact your physician or wound specialist before starting any wound care therapy.
Additional Information as Provided by the Manufacturer
Mepilex Lite is an absorbent soft silicone dressing. It consists of:
- a soft silicone wound contact layer (Safetac).
- a thin flexible absorbent pad of polyurethane foam.
- an outer film which is vapour permeable and waterproof.
Safetac is a patented soft silicone adhesive technology. On the wound, Safetac assures non-sticking and minimal trauma on removal even in critical situations when the exudate starts to dry out. On the skin, a dressing with Safetac has gentle but secure adhesion with minimised epidermal stripping and pain on removal. This makes Mepilex Lite an atraumatic dressing.
When is Mepilex Lite indicated?
Mepilex Lite is designed for the management of a wide range of non to low exuding wounds, such as leg and foot ulcers, radiation skin reactions, pressure ulcers, partial thickness burns and Epidermolysis Bullosa. Mepilex Lite can also be used as protection of compromised and/or fragile skin.
How does Mepilex Lite work?
Mepilex Lite is a highly conformable dressing that absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges, preventing the exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer ensures atraumatic removals. Mepilex Lite can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations. Mepilex Lite can be used under compression bandaging. Mepilex Lite can be used in combination with gels.
Self-adherent soft silicone foam dressing
Mepilex Lite is a thin and highly conformable foam dressing that absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges which prevents exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer ensures atraumatic dressing changes. Mepilex Lite can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations.
Benefits of Mepilex Lite
- minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- stays in place allowing for quick and easy application of compression or retention bandages
- promotes patient comfort; thin and very comfortable to wear
- may be left in place during radiation therapy using commonly applied energy ranges and absorbed doses
- well suited to be used under compression bandages
- may be cut to suit various wound shapes and difficult-to-dress locations
- may remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- may be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
- available in a range of sizes to suit many wound types
- low potential for skin irritation and allergy
Areas of use
Mepilex Lite is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and traumatic wounds, such as skin tears, blisters, abrasions, and secondary healing wounds.
How to Use
Mode of Action
Mepilex Lite is a highly conformable dressing that absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound environment.
The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges, preventing the exudate to leak onto the surrounding skin, thus minimises the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer ensures atraumatic removal at dressing changes.
Mepilex Lite can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations.
Mepilex Lite can be used under compression bandaging.
Mepilex Lite can be used in combination with gels.
Mepilex Lite is designed for the management of a wide range of non to low exuding wounds, such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, partial thickness burns, radiation skin reactions and Epidermolysis Bullosa. Mepilex Lite can also be used as protection of compromised and/or fragile skin.
Instructions for use
1. Cleanse the wound in accordance with normal procedures.
2. Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly.
3. Remove the release films and apply the adherent side to the wound. Do not stretch.
4. For best results, Mepilex Lite should overlap dry surrounding skin by at least 2 cm. If required, Mepilex Lite can be cut.
5. When necessary, fixate Mepilex Lite with a bandage or other fixation.
Frequency of change
Mepilex Lite may be left in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound and surrounding skin, or as indicated by accepted clinical practice. A change in dressing regimen may result in an initial increased level of exudate that temporarily may require an increased frequency of dressing changes.
- In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a health care professional for adequate infection treatment.
- Do not use Mepilex Lite together with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide.
- Mepilex Lite should be stored in dry conditions below 35°C (95F) and be protected from direct sunlight.
- Do not use if inner package is damaged. Sterility is guaranteed if inner package is intact.
- Do not resterilize.
Mepilex and Safetac are registered trademarks of Mölnlycke Health Care AB.
Boxes of Mepilex Lite 6"x6" Dressings ship for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of Mepilex or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
Mepilex® Lite is available in four sizes: 2.4" x 3.4", 4" x 4", 6" x 6", and 8" x 20". We carry the entire line of Mepilex products, such as Mepilex Sacrum, Mepilex Border, and Mepilex AG with silver.
MetroMedicalOnline offers high quality Pacifica Exam Gloves to be worn while cleaning the wound and changing dressings. After consulting your physician, products such as Blairex Sterile Wound Wash Saline or Sea-Clens are good options for wound cleansing. Many of our customers have reported excellent results using Puracyn Skin and Wound Cleanser OTC (formerly Microcyn OTC). Puracyn OTC is an innovative new approach to wound care promoting faster healing time. It is a non-irritating, pH-balanced wound cleanser for minor cuts, burns, irritations, and superficial abrasions of the skin.
After the wound has closed, proven scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, or Kelo-Cote will improve the appearance of scars and prevent abnormal or excessive scar formation. Always consult your physician or wound care specialist before starting any wound care treatment program.
We also carry supplies for compression wrapping such as Comprilan, Elastoplast, and Jobst Cover-Roll.