- Manufacturer: Advanced Bio-Technologies, Inc.
- Product Name: Kelo-Cote Spray
- Product Numbers: 50 ml - KCS50US; 100 ml - KCS100US
- Packaging: Aerosol Spray Can in Box*
- Available Sizes: 50 ml (1.1 oz) or 100 ml (2.2 oz)
*This item is packaged in an aerosol can and, therefore, cannot be shipped Overnight or 2nd Day. UPS Ground shipments to Continental US only. Scroll to bottom of this page for additional information.
|Size||Product Number||Internet Price |
|50 ml (1.1 oz) ||KCS50US||$49.00|
|100 ml (2.2 oz.) ||KCS100US ||$87.00|
Kelo-cote® may be used to help, treat, reduce, prevent and soften the following types of scars:
- Keloid scars
- Hypertrophic scars
- Burn scars
- Acne scars
- Stretch mark scars
- Plastic surgery scars
- Breast augmentation scars
- Breast reduction scars
- Breast implant scars
- Post laser peel redness
- Pregnancy scars
- Tummy tuck scars
- Caesarian section scars
- Mastectomy scars
- Mohs surgery scars
- Hysterectomy scars
- Body contouring scars
- Body piercing scars
- Tattoo removal scars
- Cleft lip scars
Additional Product Features as provided by the manufacturer:
- Kelo-cote® Spray was specifically developed for the treatment and prevention of painful, sensitive and widespread scars. Its unique delivery system allows Kelo-cote® Spray, a lightweight, self-drying silicone gel, to be applied without rubbing or touching.
- Kelo-cote® Spray is effective for the management and prevention of hypertrophic and keloid scars resulting from trauma, burns and surgery.
- Kelo-cote® Spray, the new scar remodelling spray with its patented formula, is transparent, odorless and self-drying.
- Kelo-cote® Spray rapidly dries to form a flexible, breathable, waterproof silicone gel sheet that binds to the top layer of your skin. This ensures treatment is delivered 24 hours a day.
- Kelo-cote® Spray’s effectiveness is to flatten, soften and smooth scars, relieving the itching and discomfort as well as reducing the discoloration associated with scars.
- Kelo-cote® Spray can be used on joints, flexures, hairy areas and large area scars such as those caused from burns, major trauma or pregnancy.
- Kelo-cote® Spray can be used in conjunction with pressure garments or other scar therapy options if desired.
- Kelo-cote® Spray is suitable for use on children and people with sensitive skin.
- Apply Kelo-cote® Spray morning and night, in a thin layer on the area to be treated and re-apply as needed to heal treated or scarred areas.
- Kelo-cote® Spray has unique advantages over other silicone formulations.
- Kelo-cote® Spray forms a bond with the stratum corneum (the outer layer of dead skin cells) forming a protective barrier against chemical, physical and microbial invasion of the scar site while assisting with hydration. This creates an environment which allows the scar to mature through normalized collagen synthesis cycles, and improves the physiological and cosmetic appearance of the scar.
Silicone in the treatment of scars:
Silicone is recognized as an effective agent in reducing hypertrophic scarring, promoting wound healing, and protecting new skin. Published research shows that the benefits of silicone are caused by the 'footprint' left by its sheeting action. These new self-bonding polymers form a long-lasting mono-molecular layer, which is a vapor-permeable protective barrier that keeps the protected tissues well-hydrated and well-oxygenated, while also resisting bacterial and fungal colonization and growth.
The inevitable and normal outcome of tissue repair is skin scarring. It would be ideal if tissue repair could result in total regeneration and that the new tissue would have the same structural, aesthetic, and functional attributes as the original uninjured skin. The result of scarring covers a wide scar spectrum from normal fine lines to abnormal widespread, atrophic hypertrophic, and keloid scars and scar contractures.
Scars can cause unpleasant symptoms and can be aesthetically disfiguring, distressing, and psychosocially and functionally disabling. Scars can cause severe itching, tenderness, pain, sleep disturbance, anxiety, depression, and disruption of daily activities. Psychosocial disturbances include development of post-traumatic stress reactions, loss of self-esteem, and stigmatization, leading to a diminished quality of life. A physical deformity resulting from skin scar can also be disabling. It can also take two to three years until scars pale and mature.
All orders over $50 ship for free!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is NOT AVAILABLE. Note: Federal regulations do not allow spray cans to be shipped by air, Kelo-cote Spray can only ship via ground shipping methods - Continental United States only. If you select Overnight or 2nd Day shipping, we will automatically change your order to UPS Ground and we will refund the expedited shipping charges. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship UPS Ground Only.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot offer specific medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering Kelo-Cote or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
MetroMedicalOnline carries the full line of Kelo-cote® products. We also offer other popular silicone scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, and Solosite.