Additional Information from the Manufacturer:
FIBRACOL™ Plus Collagen Wound Dressing with Alginate is an advanced wound care device composed of collagen and calcium alginate fibers. FIBRACOL™ Plus dressing contains 80% more collagen than our traditional FIBRACOL™ Dressing.
Its unique combination of natural biopolymers created by a patented process combines the structural support of collagen and the gel forming properties of alginates into a sterile, soft, absorbent, conformable topical wound dressing. In the presence of wound fluid FIBRACOL™ Plus dressing maintains a physiologically moist microenvironment at the wound surface that is conducive to granulation tissue formation, epithelialization, and enables healing to proceed at a rapid rate. FIBRACOL™ Plus dressing is versatile as a primary wound dressing, it can be cut to the exact size of the wound, multi-layered for the management of deep wounds and used in combination with either a semi-occlusive or nonocclusive secondary dressing.
FIBRACOL™ Plus dressing is indicated for the management of exuding wounds including:
- Full-thickness & partial-thickness wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous ulcers
- Ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies
- Diabetic ulcers
- Second-degree burns
- Donor sites and other bleeding surface wounds
- Traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention
- Dehisced surgical incisions
FIBRACOL™ Plus dressing may be used when visible signs of infection are present in the wound area only when proper medical treatment addresses the underlying cause. FIBRACOL™ Plus dressing may be used under compression therapy with healthcare professional supervision.
FIBRACOL™ Plus dressing is not indicated for wounds with active vasculitis, third-degree burns, or patients with known sensitivity to collagen or alginates.
FIBRACOL™ Plus dressing should not be used on patients with known sensitivities to collagen or alginates. Discontinue use if signs of sensitivity appear.
Directions for use
- Debride when necessary and irrigate the wound site with normal saline solution.
- Remove excess solution from surrounding skin.
- For heavily exuding wounds, apply to wound bed directly. For wounds with minimal exudate, apply to moistened wound bed; this will initiate the gel forming process.
- Pack deep wounds loosely. The dressing can be cut to size with sterile scissors. The amount of FIBRACOL™ Plus dressing to be used depends on the size of the wound and the amount of exudate.
- FIBRACOL™ Plus dressing may be covered with either a nonocclusive secondary dressing and fixed to the skin with a nonirritating tape or a semi-occlusive dressing (e.g TIELLE™ Hydropolymer Adhesive Dressing or TIELLE™ Plus Hydropolymer Adhesive Dressing).
- Reapply FIBRACOL™ Plus dressing when the secondary dressing has reached its absorbent capacity or whenever good wound care practice dictates that the dressing should be changed. A heavily exuding wound may require daily or twice daily dressing changes. More moderately exuding wounds will require less frequent changes (every 2 to 4 days or as directed by a healthcare professional). Following the initial application, irrigate the wound with saline solution. Reapply FIBRACOL™ Plus dressing as previously instructed.
After gently removing the secondary dressing, lift any FIBRACOL™ Plus dressing that has not formed a gel and discard. Using normal saline, gently irrigate the wound to remove any residual gel.
Do not resterilize.
Do not use if individual pack is damaged/opened.
The use by date of this product is printed on the packaging.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Due to the nature of this product and our adherence to strict safety precautions, this product is NOT returnable unless it is unopened and has not been tampered with in any way. View Return Policy.
This item will typically ship via USPS when shipped alone.
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of your medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 - Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.