Dominique Satin Tricot Torsolette 8950
The Satin Tricot Torsolette 8950 by Dominique™ for the full figured woman has a unique construction with boning that slims and cinches the waist, curves the hips, and flattens the stomach and seams that support stress points and create shape. This strapless and low back longline is made of smooth solid satin tricot with a pretty delicate floral rhinestone between the seamed, 2-part, underwire cups that have spacer foam for a breathable padding that helps enhance cleavage by directing breasts forward instead of letting them spread to the sides. The upper cups are trimmed in lace. Stretch mesh back wings. Removable garters. Polyester, nylon, spandex. Available Colors: Ivory, White, Black. Available Sizes: White (A--32-38, B--32-48, C-DD and F--32-52), Ivory and Black (A--32-38, B--32-42, C-DD and F--32-48) (View Size Chart) One Bra per package.
Note from our Certified Fitters: This is a popular torsolette and we have a good deal of experience fitting them. Therefore, we have the following comments. This bra should fit tighter than a regular bra to insure that it stays up. Still, we are finding that the band size is running small and the cup size is running big. We strongly suggest that you go up one band size and down one cup size. For instance, if you normally wear a 36C, we would suggest that you order a 38B.
- Manufacturer: Dominique Intimate Apparel
- Style Name: Satin Tricot Torsolette
- Style Number: 8950
- Available Colors: Ivory, White, Black
- Available Sizes: White (A--32-38, B--32-48, C-DD and F--32-52), Ivory and Black (A--32-38, B--32-42, C-DD and F--32-48)
(View Size Chart)
- Materials: Polyester, Nylon, and Spandex
- Packaging: One Bra per package
The goal of Dominique™ Intimate Apparel is to help women achieve the look that makes them feel special and to provide the perfect fit. . . The Fit You Won't Forget!
Dominique™, designed by women for women, compliments and celebrates the female form. This brand strives to enhance the comfort, beauty, and self-image of the modern woman with their creation of top quality foundations that fit and function with a luxurious made-to-order feel.
Dominique™ has been the brand of choice for professional fitters who know quality and demand consistency. Using the best fabrics, their expert production team with 60 years of manufacturing expertise, ensure each garment looks fashionable and functions at their highest standards.
A Torsolette is a piece of lingerie similar to a Victorian-era corset but with less rib compression. Boning or vertical seams create structure and support and covers the body from chest to waist. Unlike the corset, it is much lighter and designed to highlight and conform to the body's curves rather than truly cinch in the body.
- Style 8950
- Underwire support
- Full Figure
- Smooth solid satin tricot with lace trim on upper cups and delicate floral rhinestone flower bow detail centered between cups
- Low front and back
- Firm mesh wings for support
- Boning and seams support stress points, create shape, slims and cinches waist, curves hips, flattens stomach
- Seamed, 2-part, spacer foam cups direct breasts forward
- Removable garters
- 2 columns of hook and eye closures in back (12 rows on smaller sizes, 14 rows on larger sizes)
- Polyester, Nylon, and Spandex
- Ivory, White, Black
- Sizes: White (A--32-38, B--32-48, C-DD and F--32-52), Ivory and Black (A--32-38, B--32-42, C-DD and F--32-48)
Care Instructions: Hand wash in cold water. Wash dark colors separately. Hang or lay flat to dry. Do not bleach or iron.
Dominique Fit Guide for Longline
Please keep in mind that longline fitting is as much an art as a science. No fit guide can take the place of a highly experienced, professional fitter.
Measure Your Band Size:
- Using a soft tape measure, measure around your bra directly under your bust. Look in a mirror to assure the tape is snug, smooth across the back, and parallel to the floor. The tape should rest on the lower band of your bra.
- With this measurement, round to the closest whole inch up or down. For example, if your measurement is 29 3/8", round down to 29". If your measurement is 29 1/2" or more, round up to 30".
- Add 5 to this measurement to obtain your band size. For example, if your ribcage measurement is 29", add 5 (29+5=34). Your band size is 34".
If the resulting band size is an odd number, like 33", you can usually go to the next band size (34"), but you should also try the next lower band size (32").
Measure Your Cup Size
- With the same soft tape measure, measure around the bust at the fullest point. Hold the tape measure straight but not tight.
- The difference between this measurement and your BAND size is your cup size. Each inch of difference is equal to one cup size. for example, if your band size is 34" and your bust measurement is 35", you wear an 'A' cup. Use the chart below to calculate cup size.
1" (A cup)
2" (B cup)
3" (C cup)
4" (D cup)
5" (DD cup)
6" (F cup)
7" (G cup)
Tips For Best Measuring Results:
- For best results, measure yourself wearing an unlined or lightly lined bra. Avoid minimizers and padded bras.
- If possible, enlist the help of a friend to take your measurements. Otherwise, stand in front of a mirror.
- Take care to keep the measuring tape parallel to the floor. Hold the tape measure straight but not tight. Be patient! Take your time. It may take you a few attempts to get accurate measurements.
- Keep in mind that longline fitting is as much an art as a science. No fit guide can take the place of a highly experienced, professional fitter. No two women have the exact same body shape or size.
- Dominique cups tend to run a bit fuller than most. Keep this in mind when calculating size.
Orders under $50 ship for a flat rate of $6.50. Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will typically ship via USPS unless shipped with other, larger or heavier items. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either USPS or UPS.
Returns and Exchanges: You may try on an item for fit, but it cannot be worn and the packaging must be its original condition as well as all tags still attached when returned. We will not accept returns or issue refunds on items that have been worn, washed, stained, have missing tags, smell of smoke, or are damaged in any way. Please make sure all tags and packaging are exactly how they were shipped to you. The items must be carefully packed to protect the product and the packaging. Items returned with damaged packaging will incur a 20% restocking fee to replace the damaged items.
View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of any lingerie garment or other supplies. We have trained fitters available to help you with your order.Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
MetroMedicalOnline carries several lines of specialty lingerie including Amoena and Anita.
Mia by Amoena is a line that gives weightless support and ultimate comfort by utilizing Amoena's unique temperature-equalizing technology by densely saturating their fabric with micro capsules that regulate and balance fluctuations in body temperature. Amoena integrated their Comfort+ proactive method of reducing the effects of increased body temperature into each Mia flirty style.
Anita's 100 years of experience creating lingerie yields a clear eye for quality, function, and comfort. They are one of the most authoritative women's lingerie and swimwear specialists, especially for larger sizes, and many of their bras are available in G and H sizes. Anita is the ideal choice after breast surgery, during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as they cater to younger women with fuller figures and busts.
The Anita Rosa Faia line combines fashion consciousness, fit, function, and comfort into an irresistibly harmonious product.
Anita's 360° Body Control Panty
with Waist Shaping is available in a high-cut waist panty, long-leg panty, and panty girdle.
Dominique Intimate Apparel Satin Tricot Torsolette 8950
Stars based on
December 28, 2015
Cons:Still needs extra tummy support or Reinforsement for it to work for the ocassion.
Material not firm enough.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Just what I asked for!
July 22, 2015
The torsolettes were the exact match from David's Bridal. I ordered 2 of them, one of them had a broken piece of plastic in the center holding the diamond and the diamond fell out. Since that part won't show under my dress, I didn't care much. I just took the rest of it off.
Pros:Fast delivery and I saved $25 instead of ordering from David's Bridal.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Saved alot of $$$
July 19, 2015
Arrived quickly. Was $80 At David's bridal
I would recommend this item to a friend.
October 13, 2014
Recieved item on time and as describe. Bra was a perfect fit, same product avail at David's bridal for a larger price. Very happy with purchase.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE