C-Panty, The After Cesarean Underwear™
Created by a rehabilitation specialist, following her own C-section recovery, and her surgeon husband, the C-Panty, is a pull-on everyday panty designed specially to address the specific needs of the early to mid-recovery issues following a C-section: scarring, swelling, sensitivity, and tenderness.
Scar management includes the pain, itching, discomfort, and scarring occurring during the wound healing phase. Both compression and silicone have been used in the treatment of hypertrophic scars and keloids for many years and are commonly used in burn and post-surgical rehabilitation and recovery. A silicone panel at the incision area in the C-Panty is made of Silon-TEX® by Bio Meds Sciences, and helps retain surface moisture while compression discourages swelling, assists in organizing collagen formation, and provides support to the area.
Abdominal binders support the tummy, not the incision area and may provide pressure that is too high and too much for the sensitive early incision recovery period. The C-Panty's patented design provides gentle, focused compression at the incision and lower pelvic region.
The C-Panty has a gently fluted waistband to keep the pressure off the still healing tissues, so there is no uncomfortable elastic on the healing area
- Silicone Panel inside panty and localized to C-section incision to increase moisture content of the area and address scar formation issues such as scar appearance, size, and symptoms (pain, itching, discomfort)
- Gentle compression panel addresses swelling and supports incision area for increased comfort and healing
- Non-binding fluted waist instead of uncomfortable elastic waistbands resting on incision area
- Compression panel helps provide some post-baby shaping and holding down of C-shelf bulge
- Fabric: 92% nylon, 8% spandex and cotton reinforced crotch
- Made in USA
- C-Panty Incision Care CLASSIC Cut: Early to Mid-Recovery (within first 6 months of delivery). Mild Compression/Silicone. For swelling, scarring, sensitivity, and incision area tenderness. The "everyday go-to panty".
- C-Panty Incision Care TUMMY Cut: Early Recovery and On (within first 9 months of delivery). Moderate Compression/Silicone. For swelling, scarring, sensitivity, and incisional and/or lower abdomen tenderness, plus full postpartum support.
- C-Panty Slimmer for All Moms: Early Recovery Until Pre-Baby Mom is Back. Moderate Compression. For all postpartum mothers. For control of fluid retention, focused uterine support, and easy non-bulky slimming. Full tummy coverage, cut to below ribs with full rear and gentle waistband.
Instructions and Information
- For best results, start scar management as soon as wound is totally healed, wear C-Panty 12-23 hours a day. Scar management can be continued most often up to a year after surgery.
- C-Panty can be washed by hand or in the delicate cycle. Do not machine dry. It is recommended to have more than one scar management garment because daily wear and washing will deteriorate the panty more quickly.
- Although no treatment method can make scars totally disappear, it has been demonstrated that scar management techniques can significantly impact scars.
- The C-Panty is made with Silon® Technology which is a registered trademark of Bio Med Sciences, Inc.
- Read Package Instructions. Like any post-op care, gradual use may be required to increase to toleration. Full day use for 3-6 months is ultimately recommended for maximum benefits.
- Before using the C-Panty, you should get clearance from your doctor.
- DO NOT USE ON OPEN WOUNDS--- C-Panty can only be used if the incision is fully closed and healed (No scab remaining) for about a week. To use the C-Panty before the skin is closed, cover the silicone with a pantyliner and use as tolerated, after consulting with doctor.
- As with any topical material applied to the skin, some type of reaction (usually a heat or sweat rash) is possible. If you have a reaction, stop using the panty for 24 hours. After your skin has returned to normal, continue use and gradually increased the hours of usage. Monitor the area for signs of a reaction. Continue to increase the wearing time until a comfortable maximum has been reached. If you continue to have a problem, stop use and consult a doctor.
For Frequently Asked Questions about the C-Panty, please click here: (C-Panty FAQ).
We at MetroMedicalOnline.com are dedicated to finding the perfect products for our customers and we believe in and stand by all of the products we offer. With a dedication to quality and comfort, we only offer products that pass our own rigorous standards and have been backed by many industry insiders including our professional fitters as well as our customers' feedback and testimonials. We do not offer products that we ourselves would not buy and believe in setting the standard in quality and reliability in the women's healthcare industry.
To speak to one of our caring, experienced Customer Service Representatives at MetroMedicalOnline.com call 1-866-774-9513.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE! Orders under $50 ship for a flat rate of $6.50.
Due to the nature of this product and our adherence to strict safety precautions, this product is NOT returnable under any circumstance. View Return Policy.
This item will typically ship via USPS when shipped alone.
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of your medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 - Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
The C-Panty is also available in the Tummy Cut which provides moderate compression to the abdominal ribs for full postpartum support. The compression panel and inner silicone layer addresses the scar management issues of swelling, scarring, sensitivity, and tenderness.
The C-Panty Slimmer for All Moms provides full postpartum support for all post delivery situations with moderate compression to control fluid retention, focused uterine support and easy, non-bulky slimming.
A C-Panty Starter Pack containing one C-Panty Classic and one TummyCut is also available.
MetroMedicalOnline carries many items that recovering mothers may find helpful as well as a selection of pediatric nutritional products for children.