ChloraPrep single-use applicators eliminate direct hand-to-patient contact:
- Sterile, patented applicators reduce the risk of preparation-site contamination
- No hand-to-patient contact minimizes risk of cross-contamination
- Standardized protocol for use promotes aseptic technique
- Does not contain DEHP
One-step, ergonomic design ensures smooth flow of solution with one hand.
Active ingredients: 2% chlorhexidine gluconate w/v and 70% isopropyl alcohol v/v
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) highly recommends using a 2% chlorhexidine solution as a skin antiseptic to help reduce catheter-related bloodstream infections (CRBSIs)
- The CDC recommends proper skin antisepsis to help reduce the incidence of surgical site infections
The ChloraPrep combination of 2% CHG and 70% IPA provides two mechanisms of action:
- IPA rapidly kills microorganisms by denaturing cell proteins
- CHG maintains persistent antimicrobial activity by disrupting the cell membrane and precipitating cell contents
WARNINGS: Flammable - Keep away from fire or flame.
To reduce risk of fire:
- Solution contains alcohol and gives off flammable vapors.
- Do not drape or use ignition source (e.g., cautery, laser) until solution is completely dry (minimum of 3 minutes on hairless skin).
- Avoid getting solution into hairy areas. Solution may take much longer to dry or may not dry completely.
- Do not allow solution to pool.
- Remove wet material from prep area.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Partially used boxes may not be returned. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot offer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of ChloraPrep or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is Customerservice@metromedicalonline.com.
ChloraPrep® is also available in different sizes and applicator types.
MetroMedicalOnline stocks hard-to-find dialysis supplies such as SureSeal Bandages, SuperStoppers, and Nepro with Carb Steady Therapeutic Nutrition for People on Dialysis, SuperStoppers
Nepro is specifically designed to meet the special nutrient needs of people on dialysis and can be used as part of a diet plan for stage 5 chronic kidney disease.
MetroMedicalOnline carries many products designed for your protection include latex and vinyl gloves, surgical masks, and disinfectants.
To help to control the spread of disease, it is important to sanitize your hands often. Many healthcare professionals depend on Quik-Care Antimicrobial Foam Hand Rinse. Quik-Care kills the germs that can lead to the spread of infections, yet is emollients are gently soothing to skin. Available in two sizes and with hanging wallmount.