Features Active Ocean 1082:
Anita Care Breast Forms
- Up to 25% lighter than regular silicone gel
- Symmetric shape, can be used on both sides
- Patented ribbed air chambers designed for optimum skin milieu
- Pleasant feel against skin
- Water drains away quickly while swimming and breast form is not pushed upwards
- Ideal for:
- sports, especially swimming
- compensation after full mastectomy
- heavy breasts
- those with tendency to lymphedema
- Material: 100% Silicone
- Color: Clear
- Sizes: 0-12
Anita Care has been a specialist in the design and manufacture of breast forms with an anatomically-perfected shape for more than 40 years. They impart a high degree of naturalness, enabling women to feel confident and enjoy a quality of life.
Anita Care breast forms are all:
- Tested for correct function and quality in clinical trials and studies by an independent and certified test institute
- Are certified as medical aids, approved and listed with a medical aid number
- Made of silicone, microfibre, and film which has been dermatologically-tested and certified to the latest international biocompatibility standard
Advantages of the Anita Care silicone breast forms:
Anita Care Breast Forms Range Overview
- An outstanding product is the lightweight breast form sold under the SoftLite brand name, a combination of pleasant softness and naturalness with the advantage of a lower weight of up to 35% in comparison to silicone gel for breast forms with full weight compensation.
- Excellent skin and body compatibility due to the natural base material, silica.
- Fast adaptation to the body temperature
- Weight, softness, natural movement and shape retention similar to the natural breast
- Long life due to the adhesion of the outer film skin being resistant to chlorine, grease, oil and salt water.
Initial Breast Form:
- Textile lightweight breast forms for post-op use
- Gentile and lightweight post-op breast forms to protect sensitive skin
Partial Breast Form:
- Silicone breast forms for partial compensation
- Their partial breast forms are used to perfectly smooth small irregularities after lumpectomies
- Different forms combined with individual filling options ensure natural concealment and a perfect fit
Light & Soft Breast Form:
- SoftLite silicone breast forms with movement fold (up to 35% lighter)
- The unique technology of their patented FlexGap system ensures natural movement and allows the breast form to flatten naturally when the wearer is reclining--just like the intact breast
Light & Cool Breast Form:
- Silicone breast forms with breathable microfibre technology (up to 25% lighter)
- Anita Care is the only manufacturer in the world that produces silicone breast forms with breathable textile microfibre backing
- Microfibre has excellent skin compatibility and the design of the breast form permits a reduction in weight of up to 25%)
Light & Vario Adhesive Breast Form:
- Variable silicone breast forms (up to 35% lighter)
- Vario system ensures perfect support for breast form
- Valance Vario can be worn directly next to the body or in a bra pocket
Light & Active Breast Form:
- Silicone breast form with ribbed design for pleasant skin milieu (up to 25% lighter)
- Ideal for swimming
- With ribbed backing, water can flow away very quickly
- Air chambers regulate the skin milieu
Standard & Soft Breast Form:
- Silicone breast forms with full weight compensation
Care of Breast Forms
- Wash by hand with liquid soap and warm water or take into the shower
- On breast forms with a microfibre backing, the fabric should not be pulled or torn when wet
- Dab the wet textile section with a paper or cotton towel. Drying time approimately 1 hour
- Salt water and water with chlorine, suncream, etc. are not damaging, but aggressive cleaning agents and solvents will damage the breast form
- Pointed or sharp objects (such as animal claws) can damage the film. Such damage is irreparable
- Additional care tips for adhesive breast
- Neutral liquid soap (without silicone) is sufficient
- Do not use fabric or paper towels for drying to prevent residues being left on
A mastectomy is surgery to remove a breast, performed either to treat or to prevent breast cancer.
There are four main types:
- Total mastectomy--removal of breast tissue and nipple
- Modified radical mastectomy--removal of the breast, most of the lymph nodes under the arm and often the lining over the chest muscles
- Lumpectomy--removal of tumor and a small amount of normal tissue around it
- Radical mastectomy--removal of the breast, lymph nodes and chest muscles. This is no longer common.
The surgery performed depends on the stage of cancer, size of the tumor, size of the breast and involvement of lymph nodes.
Breast Prosthesis, or Form
An external breast prosthesis, or breast form, is an artificial breast worn to simulate the natural breast and body shape. Full breasts and partial breasts (known as equalizers, enhancers, or shapers) can be purchased to balance the appearance depending on what type of surgical procedure was performed. These forms come in a variety of materials (usually silicone, foam or fiberfill), and they can be worn inside a bra or attached to the body with a special adhesive.
The type of prosthesis required is determined by the amount of breast tissue that is removed.
A prosthesis can be worn against the skin, inside the pocket of a mastectomy bra, or attached to the chest wall. Prosthetic devices are designed to look feminine while ensuring comfort.
Breast forms are designed to look and feel similar in weight, texture, and color to the natural breast. They are worn outside the body in a close-fitting, supportive bra or a special pocketed bra. In addition to creating a symmetrical appearance, the form will replace weight to restore the body's natural balance. When the body is out of balance following a mastectomy, other musculoskeletal problems can develop. Back, neck, and shoulder problems may occur as there is a tendency for one shoulder to drop downward and inward while the other rises. Women often report that their bra rides up or moves around when there is no weighted breast form on one side of the bra.
Even if you are considering reconstruction at some later time, it is important to wear a weighted form during the intervening time.
Non silicone breast prosthesis: This prosthesis is a lightweight breast form made of polyurethane foam or fiberfill and can be worn immediately after a mastectomy. They are ideal for temporary wear right after surgery or for leisure activities, including during exercise, swimming, or hot weather. They are lighter and cooler than silicone breast forms, but they do not drape like the natural breast.
Silicone breast prosthesis: These forms are designed for full-time, daily wear and are generally fitted 6 to 8 weeks after surgery. Designed to restore your body's natural symmetry and balance, they adapt to your body temperature and move just like your natural breast. A silicone breast prosthesis is weighted (small metal core that assists in keeping the form from shifting) to help the body remain in balance and avoid the back, neck, and shoulder problems that may otherwise occur.
Attachable breast prosthesis: An attachable breast form is fastened to the chest wall using self-adhesive strips or Velcro tabs. These move with you and can be worn with a regular bra.
Fitters' Notes: If you have recently undergone surgery and/or radiation therapy, your skin may be extremely sensitive. Therefore, we do not recommend self-adhesive breast forms prior to follow-up treatment once skin has completely healed.For hygienic reasons, due to the adhesive nature of this product, Contact breast forms cannot be returned or exchanged. Please order carefully.
Depending on the amount of tissue removed during surgery, the size of your breasts, and your lifestyle, you may need to consider a breast form. Partial shells and forms are available to equalize where tissue was removed.
Partial breast prosthesis: Also called an equalizer, enhancer, or shaper, this is a device made of foam, fiberfill, or silicone, designed to be worn over a woman's own breast tissue to enhance the overall size of the breast and to create a fuller appearance after a part of her breast is removed, as in the case of a lumpectomy. A partial breast prosthesis can be worn with a regular bra or a post-mastectomy bra.
On occasion, women who have reconstruction will find that there is still a noticeable difference between the remaining breast and the reconstructed breast. When this is the case, you can be fitted with a partial form to create a symmetrical silhouette.
Post-mastectomy bras resemble regular bras but with one important difference - they have spandex stretch pockets on the inside which help hold and keep the breast prosthesis in place.
4 Breast Form Shapes: Triangle, Teardrop, Oval, Heart-shaped
Each shape fits a specific need.
- Triangle shape breast forms are the most versatile. They fit a variety of body and surgery types. This shape most closely resembles the mature breast with shallow profile fit (more breast tissue under nipple than above). The breast form should be worn with the smallest curve at the top of bra cup.
- Teardrop breast form has a taper at top extension and can be positioned in any direction for optimal fit.
- Oval breast form has a natural full profile, and is recommended for use after bilateral surgeries. Also fits well in underwire and softcup mastectomy bras.
- Heart shape breast forms are versatile and can be positioned in any direction for best fit, These fit well with underwire bras.
Additional Information for Silicone Breast Forms
- Shallow fit describes the more mature breast with soft breast tissue that fits lower in the bra cup.
- Average fit describes equal breast tissue above and below the nipple with firm breast tissue.
- Full Fit describes thicker profile toward edges, fuller at top, mid-line nipple placement.
Advantages of having a breast prosthesis
Many women want to wear one because they want to wear the same clothing that they wore prior to the surgery and they want to look symmetrical. There are other advantages to having a breast prosthesis. It can:
- Give you warmth
- Protect your chest and scars
- Help balance your posture
- Keep your bra from shifting or riding up
- Help prevent problems with curvature of the spine, shoulder drop and muscular pain in the neck and back
General Instructions for Breast Prosthesis Care
(Always follow specific Manufacturer's Instructions included with prosthesis)
- Hand wash your prosthesis every day in warm soapy water and pat it dry with a towel. Do not use a hair dryer
- Protect your prosthesis from perfume or talcum powder
- When you are not wearing your prosthesis, store it in the specially designed box in which it came
- Most prostheses last about two years
We at MetroMedicalOnline.com are dedicated to finding the perfect mastectomy products for our customers and we believe in and stand by all of the products we offer. With a dedication to quality and comfort, we only offer products that pass our own rigorous standards and have been backed by many industry insiders including our professional fitters as well as our customers' feedback and testimonials. We do not offer products that we ourselves would not buy and believe in setting the standard in quality and reliability in the women's healthcare industry.
To speak to one of our caring, experienced Certified Fitters at MetroMedicalOnline.com call 1-866-774-9513.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Please be certain to have been recently fitted for a mastectomy bra prior to ordering.
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will typically ship via USPS unless shipped with other, larger or heavier items. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either USPS or UPS.
Returns and Exchanges: You may try on an item for fit, but it cannot be worn and the packaging must be its original condition as well as all tags still attached when returned. We will not accept returns or issue refunds on items that have been worn, washed, stained, have missing tags, smell of smoke, or are damaged in any way. Please make sure all tags and packaging are exactly how they were shipped to you. The items must be carefully packed to protect the product and the packaging. Items returned with damaged packaging will incur a 20% restocking fee to replace the damaged items.
View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of any mastectomy garment or other medical supplies. We have trained mastectomy fitters available to help you with your order.Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
MetroMedicalOnline offers a wide selection of post mastectomy bras, prostheses, swimwear, and other accessories from the world's leading manufacturers: American Breast Care (ABC), Amoena, Classique, Anita, Trulife, Jodee, and Wear Ease.
Anita Care bras are made of soft, skin-friendly materials with a slightly higher-cut, stretch neckline and a wide, softly elastic underbust band that holds the prosthesis firmly in place. The range covers the entire scope from sporty design, through to smooth bras with ultra-feminine and elegant details.
ABC has two Bra Product Lines: Signature Pink and Persimmon. Both Lines address the fashion, comfort, and flexibility needs of their customers.
The Signature Pink Bra Line emphasizes high quality, comfort, and beauty in their designs for the ultimate in femininity to make women feel comfortable and look beautiful in clothing.
ABC's affordable Persimmon Line of basic bra designs include the T-Shirt Bra Collection and the Seamless Strapless Bra. All of these work well under different types of clothing and provide both the comfort and fashionable look long desired by women wearing mastectomy bras.
The T-Shirt Bra Collection is the first seamless, molded cup bra for post-mastectomy that was introduced on the market. It is invisible under clothing which allows it to work well under t-shirts, knits, and sweaters. The Seamless Strapless Bra allows women to wear halters, off-the-shoulder sweaters, spaghetti straps, and tank tops. It, too, is the first seamless, strapless bra made for women after mastectomy and required 3 years of engineering to create.
MetroMedicalOnline has partnered with Amoena to offer a wide selection of post-surgical camisoles, pocketed bras, soft foam breast forms, silicone prostheses, and swimwear. Feminine, fashionable, natural: Amoena post-breast surgery bras provide women with a natural feeling of well-being, enabling them to feel feminine again. Amoena's line of beautiful intimate apparel offers the perfect combination of comfort and design; with a cut specially developed to ensure reliable comfort and offer the perfect solution for every occasion from classically feminine and elegant to modern or sporty.
For 30 years, Amoena, the world's leading brand of external breast forms, has been helping women enjoy fuller lives after breast surgery. Amoena produced the world's first silicone gel and polyurethane breast form, the first two-layer breast form, and the first quality attachable breast form. In addition, women with neck and shoulder tension or lymphedema will find a selection of products suiting their needs.
Wear Ease specializes in bras and camisoles specifically designed for use immediately following breast surgery. Their Grace Bra may be purchased with removable drain tube pouches as well as fiber-filled breast form.
Classique is a leader in post mastectomy beautiful, fashionable bras designed to provide high quality at affordable prices. Their precision breast forms duplicate natural breast tissue and movements with life-like touch and quick body-temperature-reaching capability.
Lindi Skin care products were specially designed for people undergoing cancer treatment. Lindi Skin products are just as effective for people with sensitive or dry skin. Made with the finest ingredients, Lindi products provide ultimate hydration.
Every once in a while a new product comes along that grabs the attention of Metro Medical's staff for its innovative solution to a common problem affecting breast cancer surgery patients. The problem: Finding a comfortable position for sleeping while surgical wounds are healing. The solution: The patented Rest Easy Pillow created by a mastectomy patient and breast cancer survivor. This product was specifically designed for women recovering from breast surgery, however, it was soon identified as a solution for men and women alike while recovering from shoulder or arm surgeries or with chronic shoulder pain.
Other Mastectomy Products and Accessories that may be found at MetroMedicalOnline.com include: nipples, partials, enhancers, shapers, breast form covers, pads, cleansers, extenders, creams, adhesives, compression bras and sleeves / gauntlets, scar treatments, headscarves.