Features of Balance Varia Shaper:
- Elliptical shaped enhancer that provides additional fullness and smooth shape across whole breast
- Creates shape and symmetry
- Ideal for wearing in lower section of bra
- Even thickness, allows for rotation and position anywhere on breast
- Consists of 2 layers: very soft silicone layer in regular weighted silicone and Comfort+ layer, including a lightweight silicone on back side that clings gently to chest
- Finely tapered edges, naturally aligns with body, making it undetectable under clothing
- Comfort+ material absorbs heat, stores it away from body, and releases it back when body cools again
- Available without Contact Adhesive back 285
- Available with Contact adhsive back (286)
- Colors: Ivory only
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
For 40 years, Amoena has focused its efforts on addressing the needs of women, especially those affected by breast cancer. As the breast care industry leader, the company is committed to designing collections that meet the most demanding standards for comfort, support and style. Its fashions and symmetry shapers help women feel beautiful, confident and supported in whatever they wear - from seductive lingerie to comfortable leisure wear. Amoena products reflect and celebrate women's boldness, bravery, inner strength and regained confidence. Other brands may offer more daring collections, but none are more courageous than Amoena.Amoena Balance Symmetry Shapers
Balance Symmetry Shapers from Amoena provide balance and symmetry where you need it most. Just slip the shaper into your favorite fashion bra wherever you need a more even fit, and then you can wear the bras and clothing styles you love with confidence. They enhance your silhouette whether you are wearing a low-cut evening dress or a form-fitting T-shirt for a fashionable, invisible solution.
Amoena Balance is made from a soft silicone developed exclusively by Amoena. These incredibly soft shapers have a clearly defined shape and hug the body firmly and securely.
Now all Balance products feature Amoena's patented Comfort+ temperature-equalizing technology. Each shaper has a reduced-weight silicone back layer integrated with Comfort+ microcapsules that absorbs heat during a rise in body temperature, stores the heat and then releases the warmth back to the body when the temperature lowers. This process reduces heat build up and perspiration behind the shaper keeping a woman ultra comfortable all day.
Why choose Balance Symmetry Shapers?
- To regain symmetry after breast conserving surgery
- To balance naturally uneven breasts
- When plastic surgery is not an option because of irradiated skin
- As an enhancer during reconstruction
- As an alternative to multiple surgeries
- To adjust for weight gain or loss after reconstruction
- To offset imbalance that results from the natural aging process
Depending on the surgery site and the amount of missing tissue, Amoena Balance symmetry shapers come in multiple shapes, sizes, and thicknesses for the most perfect fit possible. It is even available with a Contact adhesive backing.
New 'A' thickness provides a thinner option, creating less bulk while maintaining the full shaper. 'B' thickness is the original shell and fits shallow to full shapes and covers most of the existing breast tissue.
For more information regarding the fit and segmentation of Amoena's Balance Shapers, please click here.
For more information regarding the progression of a woman's needs as she is gradually healing from breast surgery, please click here.
A mastectomy is surgery to remove a breast, performed either to treat or to prevent breast cancer.
There are four main types:
- Total mastectomy--removal of breast tissue and nipple
- Modified radical mastectomy--removal of the breast, most of the lymph nodes under the arm and often the lining over the chest muscles
- Lumpectomy--removal of tumor and a small amount of normal tissue around it
- Radical mastectomy--removal of the breast, lymph nodes and chest muscles. This is no longer common.
The surgery performed depends on the stage of cancer, size of the tumor, size of the breast and involvement of lymph nodes.
Breast Prosthesis, or Form
An external breast prosthesis, or breast form, is an artificial breast worn to simulate the natural breast and body shape. Full breasts and partial breasts (known as equalizers, enhancers, or shapers) can be purchased to balance the appearance depending on what type of surgical procedure was performed. These forms come in a variety of materials (usually silicone, foam or fiberfill), and they can be worn inside a bra or attached to the body with a special adhesive.
The type of prosthesis required is determined by the amount of breast tissue that is removed.
A prosthesis can be worn against the skin, inside the pocket of a mastectomy bra, or attached to the chest wall. Prosthetic devices are designed to look feminine while ensuring comfort.
Breast forms are designed to look and feel similar in weight, texture, and color to the natural breast. They are worn outside the body in a close-fitting, supportive bra or a special pocketed bra. In addition to creating a symmetrical appearance, the form will replace weight to restore the body's natural balance. When the body is out of balance following a mastectomy, other musculoskeletal problems can develop. Back, neck, and shoulder problems may occur as there is a tendency for one shoulder to drop downward and inward while the other rises. Women often report that their bra rides up or moves around when there is no weighted breast form on one side of the bra.
Even if you are considering reconstruction at some later time, it is important to wear a weighted form during the intervening time.
Non silicone breast prosthesis: This prosthesis is a lightweight breast form made of polyurethane foam or fiberfill and can be worn immediately after a mastectomy. They are ideal for temporary wear right after surgery or for leisure activities, including during exercise, swimming, or hot weather. They are lighter and cooler than silicone breast forms, but they do not drape like the natural breast.
Silicone breast prosthesis: These forms are designed for full-time, daily wear and are generally fitted 6 to 8 weeks after surgery. Designed to restore your body's natural symmetry and balance, they adapt to your body temperature and move just like your natural breast. A silicone breast prosthesis is weighted (small metal core that assists in keeping the form from shifting) to help the body remain in balance and avoid the back, neck, and shoulder problems that may otherwise occur.
Attachable breast prosthesis: An attachable breast form is fastened to the chest wall using self-adhesive strips or Velcro tabs. These move with you and can be worn with a regular bra.
Fitters' Notes: If you have recently undergone surgery and/or radiation therapy, your skin may be extremely sensitive. Therefore, we do not recommend self-adhesive breast forms prior to follow-up treatment once skin has completely healed.For hygienic reasons, due to the adhesive nature of this product, Contact breast forms cannot be returned or exchanged. Please order carefully.
Depending on the amount of tissue removed during surgery, the size of your breasts, and your lifestyle, you may need to consider a breast form. Partial shells and forms are available to equalize where tissue was removed.
Partial breast prosthesis: Also called an equalizer, enhancer, or shaper, this is a device made of foam, fiberfill, or silicone, designed to be worn over a woman's own breast tissue to enhance the overall size of the breast and to create a fuller appearance after a part of her breast is removed, as in the case of a lumpectomy. A partial breast prosthesis can be worn with a regular bra or a post-mastectomy bra.
On occasion, women who have reconstruction will find that there is still a noticeable difference between the remaining breast and the reconstructed breast. When this is the case, you can be fitted with a partial form to create a symmetrical silhouette.
Post-mastectomy bras resemble regular bras but with one important difference - they have spandex stretch pockets on the inside which help hold and keep the breast prosthesis in place.
4 Breast Form Shapes: Triangle, Teardrop, Oval, Heart-shaped
Each shape fits a specific need.
- Triangle shape breast forms are the most versatile. They fit a variety of body and surgery types. This shape most closely resembles the mature breast with shallow profile fit (more breast tissue under nipple than above). The breast form should be worn with the smallest curve at the top of bra cup.
- Teardrop breast form has a taper at top extension and can be positioned in any direction for optimal fit.
- Oval breast form has a natural full profile, and is recommended for use after bilateral surgeries. Also fits well in underwire and softcup mastectomy bras.
- Heart shape breast forms are versatile and can be positioned in any direction for best fit, These fit well with underwire bras.
Additional Information for Silicone Breast Forms
- Shallow fit describes the more mature breast with soft breast tissue that fits lower in the bra cup.
- Average fit describes equal breast tissue above and below the nipple with firm breast tissue.
- Full Fit describes thicker profile toward edges, fuller at top, mid-line nipple placement.
Advantages of having a breast prosthesis
Many women want to wear one because they want to wear the same clothing that they wore prior to the surgery and they want to look symmetrical. There are other advantages to having a breast prosthesis. It can:
- Give you warmth
- Protect your chest and scars
- Help balance your posture
- Keep your bra from shifting or riding up
- Help prevent problems with curvature of the spine, shoulder drop and muscular pain in the neck and back
General Instructions for Breast Prosthesis Care
(Always follow specific Manufacturer's Instructions included with prosthesis)
- Hand wash your prosthesis every day in warm soapy water and pat it dry with a towel. Do not use a hair dryer
- Protect your prosthesis from perfume or talcum powder
- When you are not wearing your prosthesis, store it in the specially designed box in which it came
- Most prostheses last about two years
We at MetroMedicalOnline.com are dedicated to finding the perfect mastectomy products for our customers and we believe in and stand by all of the products we offer. With a dedication to quality and comfort, we only offer products that pass our own rigorous standards and have been backed by many industry insiders including our professional fitters as well as our customers' feedback and testimonials. We do not offer products that we ourselves would not buy and believe in setting the standard in quality and reliability in the women's healthcare industry.
To speak to one of our caring, experienced Certified Fitters at MetroMedicalOnline.com call 1-866-774-9513.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Please be certain to have been recently fitted for a mastectomy bra prior to ordering.
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will typically ship via USPS unless shipped with other, larger or heavier items. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either USPS or UPS.
Returns and Exchanges: You may try on an item for fit, but it cannot be worn and the packaging must be its original condition as well as all tags still attached when returned. We will not accept returns or issue refunds on items that have been worn, washed, stained, have missing tags, smell of smoke, or are damaged in any way. Please make sure all tags and packaging are exactly how they were shipped to you. The items must be carefully packed to protect the product and the packaging. Items returned with damaged packaging will incur a 20% restocking fee to replace the damaged items.
View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of any mastectomy garment or other medical supplies. We have trained mastectomy fitters available to help you with your order.Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
Amoena's Balance Shapers are available in several different shapes to accommodate most needs. Now with Comfort+ temperature-equalizing technology, choice of thin or thick options, and regular or contact adhesive backings.
MetroMedicalOnline has partnered with Amoena to offer a wide selection of post-surgical camisoles, pocketed bras, soft foam breast forms, silicone prostheses, and swimwear. In fact, we carry Amoena's entire product line along with products from the other top manufacturers: Trulife, ABC, Jodee and Anita.
Lindi Skin care products were specially designed for people undergoing cancer treatment. Lindi Skin products are just as effective for people with sensitive or dry skin. Made with the finest ingredients, Lindi products provide ultimate hydration.
Every once in a while a new product comes along that grabs the attention of Metro Medical's staff for its innovative solution to a common problem affecting breast cancer surgery patients. The problem: Finding a comfortable position for sleeping while surgical wounds are healing. The solution: The patented Rest Easy Pillow created by a mastectomy patient and breast cancer survivor. This product was specifically designed for women recovering from breast surgery, however, it was soon identified as a solution for men and women alike while recovering from shoulder or arm surgeries or with chronic shoulder pain.