What does it do?
- Silicone assists dressing application and atraumatic removal
- Advanced mesh design means minimized risk of exudate pooling and secondary dressing adherence to the wound
- Overall cost saving compared to top primary silicone wount contact layer brands
When do I use it?:
Indications: Adaptic Touch Non-Adhering Silicone Dressing is indicated for use in the management of dry to heavily exuding, partial and full-thickness chronic wounds including:
- Venous Ulcers
- Decubitus (Pressure) Ulcers
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Traumatic and Surgical Wounds
- Donor Sites
- First and Second Degree Burns
It is also suitable for use, under medical supervision, with negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT).
Contraindications: Adaptic Touch is not indicated for patients with a known sensitivity to silicone or cellulose acetate fabric or for surgical implantation.
How do I use it?:
- Select a size of Adaptic Touch that is larger than the wound to ensure dressing can be applied to intact skin surrounding the wound margins.
- Adaptic Touch can be cut to size and the dressing will not unravel or shed fibers.
- If more than one piece of Adaptic Touch is required, ensure dressings overlap to avoid secondary dressing adherence to the wound; however, overlap should be minimized to preven occlusion of holes.
- Prepare the wound according to wound management protocol
- Ensure skin surrounding the wound is dry
- Remove protective films from dressing
- Place Adaptic Touch dressing directly over the wound and smooth in place around the wound
- Cover with an appropriate semi-occlusive secondary dressing, e.g. Tielle Hydropolymer Dressing
Dressing Change: Adaptic Touch may be left in place for several days depending on wound condition and exudate level.
This item ships for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will typically ship via USPS unless shipped with other, larger or heavier items. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either USPS or UPS.
View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of any medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.