Additional Product Features as provided by the manufacturer:
Advanced Bio-Technologies, Inc. has developed a revolutionary and patented product that maintains the positive benefits of silicone gel sheets while eliminating the concerns and limitations associated with their use. Kelo-cote® is an innovative topical silicone gel for the management of scars and for the prevention of abnormal scars in the form of hypertrophic scars and keloids. Kelo-cote® is indicated for scars resulting from trauma, surgery, burns or other events that result in broken skin. For the management and prevention of scars, Kelo-cote® can be used as soon as the break in the skin is closed (i.e. after stitches are removed).
Kelo-cote® – unique advantages to meet your needs:
- Softens and flattens raised scars, reduces redness and relieves itching and discomfort associated with scars.
- Makes effective scar reduction easy and has clear benefits over competitive products:
- Transparent, odorless gel
- Cosmetics can be applied over Kelo-cote once dry
- Easy and painless to apply – no removal neccessary
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Indicated for use on children
- Self-dries to an invisible, breathable sheet within 4–5 minutes
- Can be used on old and new scars
- Provides elastic protection
- Once daily application (or twice daily to areas exposed to abrasion) as part of your daily routine
- Ideal for any irregular skin/scar surfaces, the face, moving parts (joints, flexures) and any size of scars
- No need to shave the area before application
- Direct continuous contact with skin provides improved scar management
- No maceration (Maceration: when the skin becomes pale, moist, wrinkled and soggy)
Kelo-cote® may be used to help, treat, reduce, prevent and soften the following types of scars:
- Keloid scars
- Hypertrophic scars
- Burn scars
- Acne scars
- Stretch mark scars
- Plastic surgery scars
- Breast augmentation scars
- Breast reduction scars
- Breast implant scars
- Post laser peel redness
- Pregnancy scars
- Tummy tuck scars
- Caesarian section scars
- Mastectomy scars
- Mohs surgery scars
- Hysterectomy scars
- Body contouring scars
- Body piercing scars
- Tattoo removal scars
- Cleft lip scars
Silicone in the treatment of scars:
Silicone is recognized as an effective agent in reducing hypertrophic scarring, promoting wound healing, and protecting new skin. Published research shows that the benefits of silicone are caused by the 'footprint' left by its sheeting action. These new self-bonding polymers form a long-lasting mono-molecular layer, which is a vapor-permeable protective barrier that keeps the protected tissues well-hydrated and well-oxygenated, while also resisting bacterial and fungal colonization and growth.
The inevitable and normal outcome of tissue repair is skin scarring. It would be ideal if tissue repair could result in total regeneration and that the new tissue would have the same structural, aesthetic, and functional attributes as the original uninjured skin. The result of scarring covers a wide scar spectrum from normal fine lines to abnormal widespread, atrophic hypertrophic, and keloid scars and scar contractures.
Scars can cause unpleasant symptoms and can be aesthetically disfiguring, distressing, and psychosocially and functionally disabling. Scars can cause severe itching, tenderness, pain, sleep disturbance, anxiety, depression, and disruption of daily activities. Psychosocial disturbances include development of post-traumatic stress reactions, loss of self-esteem, and stigmatization, leading to a diminished quality of life. A physical deformity resulting from skin scar can also be disabling. It can also take two to three years until scars pale and mature.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Due to the nature of this product and our adherence to strict safety precautions, this product is NOT returnable unless it is unopened and has not been tampered with in any way. View Return Policy.
This item will typically ship via USPS when shipped alone.
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of your medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 - Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
Kelo-cote® is also available in different sizes of gel and spray bottles for especially painful, sensitive, or wide-spread scars. We also offer other popular silicone scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, and Solosite.