Note From MetroMedicalOnline's Customer Service Department:
It is important to always contact your physician or wound specialist before starting any wound care therapy.
Additional Information as Provided by the Manufacturer
The Mepore wound pad is made of a viscose nonwoven coated with a polymer layer to give a smooth surface and render it low adherent. The polyester backing makes the product permeable and highly flexible, allowing it to conform well to body contours. The dressing is protected by two pieces of overlapping release paper which are easy to remove and allow for aseptic application.
Mode of action
The adhesive border of Mepore seals the area surrounding the wound in order to avoid external contamination. Mepore is water repellant and provides physical protection to the wound.
Self-adhesive sterile absorbent dressing intended for treating low to moderately exuding wounds, such as surgical wounds, cuts and abrasions.
Self-adhesive absorbent dressing
Mepore is the original self-adhesive absorbent dressing. The result of continuing innovation over the past 30 years, Mepore combines gentle and secure fixation with excellent absorption properties and ease of use.
- Easy-to-remove protection paper for ease of use
- Soft, elastic nonwoven with high breathability for better patient comfort
- Absorbent wound pad with a low-adherent wound contact layer for better patient comfort and longer wear time
- Skin-friendly, water-based, solvent-free adhesive for gentle and secure fixation
What is the difference between Mepore and its competitors?
Even though many competitor products look very much like Mepore, there are some differences:
- The adhesive in Mepore is water-based. Many competitor products have a solvent-based adhesive with the risk of solvent residuals in the adhesive causing skin reactions.
- Mepore’s release paper is very easy to remove which makes the product easy to handle. Most competitor products have a stiffer release paper which is more difficult to remove and increases the risk of contaminating the product and also increases the risk to make the dressing useless (“adhesive against adhesive).
- The release liner of Mepore has a fold which makes the handling easy and provides for an aseptic application – many competitor products have a perforated release paper
- High credibility. Mepore was the first product in its category and more than 1 billion Mepore dressings have been sold over more than 20 years. The complaint level is extremely low (0.6 ppm).
Instructions for Use
1. Open package. Remove dressing.
2. Grip both overlapping release papers, exposing adhesive surface allowing initial fixation of the dressing. Position the dressing on the skin without stretching and gently remove the rest of the release papers.
3. Firmly smooth adhesive border to the skin.
4. Do not stretch the dressing when applying.
5. The frequency of dressing changes will be governed by the condition of the underlying wound.
6. Upon removal grasp the edge and slowly peel the dressing from the skin in the direction of hair growth.
Frequency of change
The frequency of dressing changes should be governed by the condition of the wound in accordance with accepted clinical practice.
- Care should be taken to ensure that Mepore is not applied under tension, to prevent shearing forces causing damage to the skin. This is particularly important when the dressing is applied over joints.
- Mepore should not be applied to patients who are known to be sensitive to acrylic adhesives or to individuals who have very fragile or easily damaged skin.
- Sterility is guaranteed unless inner package is damaged or opened prior to use.
30 years of being there for you
Since 1979, more than 1.5 billion original Mepore dressings have been sold. Perhaps because Mepore was the world's first self-adhesive dressing. Perhaps because of the continual performance updates, keeping up with the needs of patients and professionals and setting the standards for all conventional dressings along the way. But mostly, we think, for one simple unsurprising reason: dependable performance, shift in and shift out. Since day one.
All Orders Over $50 Ship For FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of wound care or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
Mepore is available in seven different sizes: 2.5" x 3", 3.6" x 4", 3.6" x 6", 3.6" x 8", 3.6" x 10", 3.6" x 12", and 3.6" x 14". We also carry the full line of Mepore varieties: Mepore Film, Mepore IV, and Mepore Pro. In fact, we offer Molnlycke's entire line of consumer wound care products.
MetroMedicalOnline offers high quality Pacifica Exam Gloves to be worn while cleaning the wound and changing dressings. After consulting your physician, products such as Blairex Sterile Wound Wash Saline or Sea-Clens are good options for wound cleansing. Many of our customers have reported excellent results using Puracyn Skin and Wound Cleanser OTC (formerly Microcyn OTC). Puracyn OTC is an innovative new approach to wound care promoting faster healing time. It is a non-irritating, pH-balanced wound cleanser for minor cuts, burns, irritations, and superficial abrasions of the skin.
After the wound has closed, proven scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, or Kelo-Cote will improve the appearance of scars and prevent abnormal or excessive scar formation. Always consult your physician or wound care specialist before starting any wound care treatment program.
We also carry supplies for compression wrapping such as Comprilan, Elastoplast, and Jobst Cover-Roll.