- Manufacturer: Smith and Nephew
- Product Name: Iodoflex Pad Dressing
- Product Numbers: 6602134010
- Size: 2 1/8" x 3" (10gm)
- Packaging: One individually wrapped dressing.*
*Also available by the box of three.
Additional Information from the Manufacturer, Smith & Nephew
A 3-in-1 mode of action kills bacteria, manages exudate, and debrides the wound bed.
Helps Promote Wound Healing
- Exudate and debris is removed effectively.
- IODOFLEX helps to promote a clean wound healing environment.
- A change in color (white) indicates when IODOFLEX should be changed.
- Gel formed over the wound promotes moist healing.
- Accelerated healing rates can lead to earlier patient discharges.
Fewer Dressing Changes
- IODOFLEX Pads contain Cadexomer iodine which can absorb up to 6 times its weight in fluid.
- Range of sizes to suit most wound sizes.
- IODOFLEX Pads treat infection, associated pain is reduced which can improve quality of life.
- IODOFLEX is non-adhesive which can reduce trauma at dressing changes and encourage patient compliance.
IODOFLEX Pads - For use in cleaning wet ulcers and wounds such as venous stasis ulcers, pressure sores, diabetic foot ulcers, and infected traumatic and surgical wounds.
Contraindications / Precautions
IODOFLEX is contraindicated in:
IODOFLEX should not be used:
- patients with known or suspected iodine sensitivity
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis
- non-toxic nodular
- by pregnant or lactating women
Special Warnings and Precautions for Use
Iodine may be absorbed systemically, especially when large wounds are treated. Patients with severely impaired renal function or a past history of any thyroid disorder are more susceptible to alterations in thyroid metabolism with chronic IODOFLEX therapy.
In endemic goitre, there have been isolated reports of hyperthyroidism associated with exogenous idoine.
It has been observed occasionally that an adherent crust can form when IODOFLEX is not changed with sufficient frequency.
- Clean the wound and the surrounding area with either a gentle stream of sterile water or saline. DO NOT DRY the wound surface.
- Remove the carrier gauze on both sides of the paste using aseptic technique.
- Apply IODOFLEX to the wound surface. Apply compression bandaging when appropriate. Any remaining IODOFLEX should be discarded.
- IODOFLEX should be changed when it has become saturated with wound fluid, indicated by loss of colour, usually two to three times a week. If the wound is discharging heavily, daily changes may be needed.
- If necessary, soak the dressing for a few minutes.
- Gently remove the IODOFLEX using a stream of sterile water or saline.
- Gently blot any excess fluid, leaving the wound surface slightly moist, before re-applying IODOFLEX.
After Using IODOFLEX
- IODOFLEX may cause smarting especially in the first hour after treatment. Occasionally, IODOFLEX may cause the skin around the wound edges to redden. If the symptoms persist, or you experience other symptoms, please contact your doctor or nurse.
Orders under $50 ship for a flat rate of $6.50. Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Due to the nature of this product and our adherence to strict safety precautions, this product is NOT returnable unless it is unopened and has not been tampered with in any way. View Return Policy.
This item will typically ship via USPS when shipped alone.
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of your medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 - Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
Iodoflex is available in two sizes: 1 1/2" x 2 3/8" (5g) and 2 1/8" x 3" (10g). Sold by the individual dressing or by the box.
MetroMedicalOnline offers high quality Pacifica Exam Gloves to be worn while cleaning the wound and changing dressings. After consulting your physician, products such as Blairex Sterile Wound Wash Saline or Sea-Clens are good options for wound cleansing. Many of our customers have reported excellent results using Puracyn Skin and Wound Cleanser OTC. Puracyn OTC (formerly Microcyn OTC) is an innovative new approach to wound care promoting faster healing time. It is a non-irritating, pH-balanced wound cleanser for minor cuts, burns, irritations, and superficial abrasions of the skin.
After the wound has closed, proven scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, or Kelo-Cote will improve the appearance of scars and prevent abnormal or excessive scar formation. Always consult your physician or wound care specialist before starting any wound care treatment program.
We also carry supplies for compression wrapping such as Comprilan, Elastoplast, and Jobst Cover-Roll.