is used in the treatment of light to moderately exuding wounds to absorb and neutralize offensive odors.
Lyofoam C is made from a layer of Lyofoam with an additional outer layer of non-woven viscose fibers treated with activated carbon and encapsulated by a thin layer of polyurethane foam.
Benefits of use
- Has all the advantages of Lyofoam, plus activated carbon to neutralize offensive odors
- Hydrophobic foam layer ensures activated carbon remains dry and effective throughout the period of use
- Hydrophobic outer layer helps to prevent "strike through" and reduces risk of secondary infection
- Does not allow newly-formed epithelium to penetrate, avoiding wound trauma during dressing changes
- Maintains the optimum wound environment for rapid healing
- Quick and easy to apply
- Highly suitable for the treatment of infected, malodorous wounds
- Supplied individually packed, sterile and ready for immediate use
NOTE: Do not cover Lyofoam C with occlusive films or tapes, as these reduce water vapor loss, which may impair the effectiveness of the dressing.
1. Irrigate and cleanse wound with warm, normal saline (e.g. Steripod), to remove as much necrotic material as possible. Dry surrounding skin, leaving wound surface moist. Select appropriate size of Lyofoam C.
2. Remove Lyofoam C from pouch and position over wound surface, allowing 2–3cm overlap of the wound margins. Retain with conforming retention bandage (e.g. Slinky or Tubifast).
3. For venous leg ulcers, Lyofoam C should be retained by a suitable compression bandage, (e.g. Setopress).
NOTE: Natural rubber latex is not a constituent of Lyofoam C or its packing.
This item ships for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of Mepilex Ag or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
The family of Lyofoam products include: Lyofoam, Lyofoam A, Lyofoam C, Lyofoam T, and Lyofoam Extra. Each type is offered in a variety of sizes to fit your specific requirements. Your physician should advise you regarding the type of secondary dressing to use, e.g., gauze rolls, gauze sponges, compression dressings, or a product such as Tubifast.
Lyofoam may be secured with an adhesive tape or with a suitable retention bandage such as Tubifast.
Tubifast 2-Way Stretch™ is a lightweight, tubular bandage that is used for dressing retention and skin covering on any part of the body. Tubifast bandages hold dressings securely, without constriction or compression.
Molynlycke's Mepitac is a soft silicone, fabric-backed tape that is ideal for patients with fragrile and sensitive skin. The Safetac layer assures secure fixation and gentle removal from skin and body hair.
Many of our customers have reported excellent results using Puracyn OTC (formerly named Microcyn OTC). Puracyn OTC is an innovative new approach to wound care promoting faster healing time. It is a non-irritating, pH-balanced wound cleanser for minor cuts, burns, irritations, and superficial abrasions of the skin.
After the wound has closed, proven scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, or Kelo-Cote will improve the appearance of scars and prevent abnormal or excessive scar formation. Always consult your physician or wound care specialist before starting any wound care treatment program.