- Manufacturer: Molnlycke Health Care
- Product Name: Lyofoam® T Polyurethane Foam Dressing
- Product Number: 603014
- Dimensions: 3.6" x 2.6" (9 x 6.5 cm)
- Packaging: 1 individually wrapped dressing*
*For additional savings, also offered for sale by the box of 10.
Note From MetroMedicalOnline's Customer Service Department:
It is important to always contact your physician and or wound specialist before starting any wound care therapy.
Additional Product Information as Provided by the Manufacturer:
The Lyofoam range of dressings meets all the criteria for the ideal wound dressing and offers solution for wounds with differing levels of exudate, as well as malodorous wounds and wounds requiring fixation with an adhesive border.
Lyofoam T is used as a dressing for tracheostomy, other intubation and cannula insertion procedures and external bone fixators.
Lyofoam T dressing is made from Lyofoam with a special ‘cross cut’ designed to fit closely around the tubes, cannulae or pins used in invasive medical procedures.
The Benefits of Using Lyofoam T
- Hydrophilic wound contact area absorbs exudate and allows fluid to evaporate, avoiding maceration
- Does not allow newly-formed epithelium to penetrate, avoiding wound trauma during dress changes
- Minimizes risk of maceration
- Pre-cut cross to fit closely around tracheostomy, other intubation and cannula sites
- Quick and easy to apply and remove
- Maintains the optimum wound environment for rapid healing
- Provides protection and cushioning over the site of intubation
- Hydrophobic outer layer helps to prevent "strike through" and reduces risk of secondary infection
- Absorbs low to moderate levels of exudate
- Supplied individually packed, sterile and ready for immediate use
- Available in one convenient size, suitable for use on any intubation procedure
How Lyofoam T Works
Lyofoam T is a layer of polyurethane foam, heat treated on one side to provide a smooth, hydrophilic, absorbent wound contact layer. These variants contain a pre-cut cross to fit closely around tracheostomy, other intubation and cannula sites.
Areas of Use
Lyofoam T is for use in the treatment of light to moderate wounds associated with tracheostomy, other intubation and cannula insertion sites.
Note: Natural rubber latex is not a constituent of Lyofoam T or its packaging.
Orders under $50 ship for a flat rate of $6.50. Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of Mepilex Ag or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
The family of Lyofoam products include: Lyofoam, Lyofoam A, Lyofoam C, Lyofoam T, and Lyofoam Extra. Each type is offered in a variety of sizes to fit your specific requirements. Your physician should advise you regarding the type of secondary dressing to use, e.g., gauze rolls, gauze sponges, etc.
Molynlycke's Mepitac is a soft silicone, fabric-backed tape that is ideal for patients with fragrile and sensitive skin. The Safetac layer assures secure fixation and gentle removal from skin and body hair.
Many of our customers have reported excellent results using Puracyn OTC (formerly named Microcyn OTC). Puracyn OTC is an innovative new approach to wound care promoting faster healing time. It is a non-irritating, pH-balanced wound cleanser for minor cuts, burns, irritations, and superficial abrasions of the skin.
After the wound has closed, proven scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, or Kelo-Cote will improve the appearance of scars and prevent abnormal or excessive scar formation. Always consult your physician or wound care specialist before starting any wound care treatment program.