Notes from our Certified Fitters:
Always contact your physician and or therapist to determine the correct compression strength for your condition. Sigvaris compression garments should be replaced after six months of normal wear. They start losing their effectiveness after that time. If they seem to be getting looser, than you are not receiving the maximum benefits of their compression strength.
Part of one of the largest variety of compression stockings in the industry, Sigvaris provides products that are ideal for every lifestyle and specialized need.
Sigvaris 500 Natural Rubber Series provides sustained compression throughout the day for those with more serious indications or long-term therapy. Numerous scientific studies have proven their medical effectiveness. The low fatigue rate makes them ideal for those who must always wear compression stockings.
Indications for Use:
- Prevention of fluid accumulation after decongestion is achieved
- For long-term management of lymphedema
- For recent lymphedemas that will subside rapidly and are soft
- Post-mastectomy edema following radiation
- Post-operative and post-traumatic edema following completion of basic treatment
- Polyarthritis in certain cases
- Elastic compression for burn treatment and extensive scarring
Measuring for Sigvaris Compression Armsleeves and Hand Gauntlets:
- Uncontrolled lymphedema
It is recommended that you mark the arm with a non-permanent, non-toxic marker at each circumference measurement made.
- Measurements should always be taken when swelling is minimum
- Measure next to bare skin
- Measurements must be taken by pulling the tape snugly around the limb but without constriction
Measuring Instructions for Sigvaris 500 Series Armsleeves
1. Measure your wrist circumference at the narrowest part of the wrist that is above the wrist bone.
Use the chart to determine if your wrist is Small, Medium, or Large.
2. Measure your forearm at the fullest part. Use the chart to make sure this measurement falls comfortably within the size range of the chart. (If it does not, you may need a custom garment.)
3. Measure your Upper Mid-Arm at its fullest part. Use the chart to make sure this measurement falls comfortably within the size range of the chart (If it does not, you may need a custom garment.)
4. Determine your arm-shoulder length by measuring from the wrist to the part of the shoulder just above the armpit fold.
Use the chart to determine if your arm-shoulder length is Short or Long.
About Leg Health:
Many factors contribute to the overall health of our legs: heredity, weight, age, diet and activity level. But it's the internal function of the legs that also plays an important role: calf muscles, arteries, veins, and vein valves--the internal highway of blood and oxygen flow.
The flow of blood in the veins is assisted by a series of one-way valves. The valves remain open when the blood flows toward the heart, and then closed after blood passes through. Over time, an increase in pressure can stretch the vein walls. If a vein becomes enlarged and over-stretched the valves cannot close properly, causing blood to leak back down into the lower legs, resulting in poor circulation.
If this happens you may begin to develop symptoms, such as:
- Heavy, tired, aching legs
- Swollen legs and/or ankles
- Sensation of warmth in the legs
- Tingling or cramping of the legs
- Dull or sharp pain in the calf
- Small varicose veins and spider veins
Using Compression Therapy:
Graduated compression stockings and socks are important to leg health. They help minimize muscle aches, swelling, and symptoms of fatigue. Exercise and a healthy lifestyle will strengthen your legs, but wearing graduated compression stockings or socks will support the internal function of the veins.
Orders under $50 ship for a flat rate of $6.50. All orders over $50 ship for free!
Please be certain to contact your physician or therapist prior to starting any new compression therapy.
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may try on an item for fit, but it cannot be worn and the original tags must be attached. We will not accept returns or issue refunds on items that have been worn, washed, have the tags removed, stained, smell of smoke, or damaged in any way. Please make sure all tags and packaging are exactly how they were shipped to you. The items must be carefully packed to protect the product and the packaging.
View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of any compression garment or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
Sigvaris offers the 500 Natural Rubber Series and the 900 Traditional Series of Armsleeves and Hand Gauntlets. Both include armsleeves with and without attached hand gauntlets. The 500 series of 30-40mmHg armsleeves have support straps, while a separate hand gauntlet is also available. The 900 series offers armsleeves with and without attached hand gauntlets in both 20-30mmHg and 30-40 mmHg. The 30-40mmHg allows the option of a silicone border.
We recommend that donning gloves always be worn when applying your compression garments. These gloves have a gripping texture that makes it considerably easier to put on compression hose. Donning gloves also help to prevent tearing, snagging or putting a nail or finger through the garment. Other people prefer to use a donning aid like the Juzo Slippie Gator or Jobst Stocking Donner.
We also recommend either Sigvaris, Juzo, or Jobst Jolastic Special Washing Solutions for maintaining the quality of compression garments. Jobst Jolastic Wash is formulated to remove oil, body acids, and skin salts quickly and easily without damage to the fabric. This specially designed solution will help extend the life of all elastic garments. The ingredients in Jobst ensure excellent soil removal and are mild to the user's hands.
MetroMedicalOnline offers a large selection of many widely recognized and respected brands of compression socks, stockings, and other garments that fit every lifestyle and medical condition in many different styles and compression strengths.