FLA Orthopedics"Fashioned for Form and Function"
- Increases ankle stability and helps decrease pain and edema following trauma or post-operative procedures
- Air bladder and pump are incorporated into liner
- Inflatable cells offer adjustable compression for a customized fit
- Inflated bladder provides a massaging effect as you walk
- Design accommodates changes in swelling
- Soft, breathable liner wicks moisture away
- Lightweight and low profile
- Non-slip rocker bottom preserves a natural gait
- Criss-cross ankle straps for added foot stability
- Optional extra foam pad set included
- Fits left or right ankle
- Color: Black
- Size according to Shoe Size:
- Men--X-Small (Up to 4), Small (5-7.5), Medium (8-9.5), Large (10-12.5), X-Large (13-15).
- Women--X-Small (Up to 4.5), Small (5-8.5), Medium (9-10.5), Large (11-12.5), X-Large (13+)
With over 30 years of experience, FLA is offers one of the most complete and innovative product lines available with an extensive patent portfolio that distinguishes their products from the competition.
FLA uses premium materials such as microdenier fibers, Lycra® spandex, and latex free elastics. Modern materials combined with proven designs result in the ultimate form and comfort.
- Acute or severe ankle sprains
- Severe ankle or foot strains
- Lower extremity soft tissue injuries
- Stress fractures of the foot or ankle
- Post Achilles tendon repairs
- After cast removal
How To Apply:
- Choose the appropriate size based on the shoe sizing chart. Walker fits left or right.
- Remove liner from the brace. The air bladder is incorporated in the liner. DO NOT inflate the bladder at this time.
- Apply liner to foot--ensure the heel fits snugly into the back of the liner. Close foot portion first, followed by the calf portion. The wrap should fit snug but not too tight. Note--it may be necessary to adjust the fit of the wrap if swelling or edema decreases during the healing process.
- Remove plastic covers from the upright struts to expose the hook and dispose.Attach the extra ankle pads if extra cushioning is needed.
- Attach "hook" side of the straps onto outside of the strut.
- In a seated position spread the side uprights of the brace and have the patient step into the boot. The foot should be positioned flat with the heel in back of the boot.
- Affix the uprights to the liner. The uprights should be positioned parallel to the leg.
- Close the straps starting at the toes and working up the leg. Adjust the straps if necessary. NOTE--The high height walker has three top straps, whereas the low version has one top strap.
- The air bladder can now be inflated to provide a customized fit. To inflate, turn valve clockwise until it stops. Fill with air by pumping the gray "bulb" on the boot strap. Lock valve in the closed clockwise position when adjustment is complete. Inflate until the support feels stable with gentle cushioning but not too tight. IMPORTANT--DO NOT OVER-INFLATE. The air bladder should only be inflated to a comfortable level. Patients should be instructed to check circulation to ensure not too tight.
- Air may be released from the air bladder if needed. To release air, turn the valve counter-clockwise and press on the liner. Lock valve back in the closed clockwise position when adjustment is complete. If slight air loss is experienced with extended wear, simply re-inflate following instructions.
Care Instructions: To clean, simply wipe with a damp cloth. DO NOT submerge the liner in water--this could affect the functioning of the pneumatic pump. Air dry away from heat. Ensure completely dry before reapplying. Do not machine wash or dry. Do not bleach.
We at MetroMedicalOnline.com are dedicated to finding the perfect products for our customers and we believe in and stand by all of the products we offer. With a dedication to quality and comfort, we only offer products that pass our own rigorous standards and have been backed by many industry insiders including our customers' feedback and testimonials. We do not offer products that we ourselves would not buy and believe in setting the standard in quality and reliability in the healthcare industry.
To speak to one of our caring, experienced Customer Service representatives at MetroMedicalOnline.com call 1-866-774-9513.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may try on an item for fit, but it cannot be worn and the original tags must be attached. We will not accept returns or issue refunds on items that have been worn, washed, have the tags removed, stained, smell of smoke, or damaged in any way. Please make sure all tags and packaging are exactly how they were shipped to you. The items must be carefully packed to protect the product and the packaging.
View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of any compression garment or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
MetroMedicalOnline has partnered with FLA Orthopedics to bring our customers the highest quality orthopedic supports and braces for every healthcare issue and lifestyle need.
FLA Orthopedics is continually adding to their product line which includes lumbar, rib, and abdominal supports; slings and posture control supports; back supports; elbow, wrist, finger, shoulder, knee, ankle, and foot supports. They also have a Pediatric line for children and the Activa Compression Sock and Hosiery products.
MetroMedicalOnline carries one of the best selections of Compression products, Mastectomy products, and Wound Care sections available from the most well known and recommended manufacturers for specialty products.