Smith & Nephew Skin-Prep is a liquid film-forming skin preparation that upon application to intact or damaged skin, forms a protective interface that helps prepare skin attachment sites for drainage tubes, external catheters, surrounding ostomy sites and other adhesive dressings.
Features & Benefits
- Helps tape and film adhesion. Only one coat is required, so less product is used per application.
- Removes easily using skin cleanser or soap and water, so unsanitary residue is not left in or around the wound area.
- Thick formula means only one coat is needed to form a protective film, so patients are more comfortable during application.
- Applies easily, even on awkward areas such as elbows, knees, and heels. Moves naturally with patients' skin and won't crack or peel.
- Applies as coating that prepares the skin for adhesive and provides a protective interface that may reduce friction during the removal of tape.
- Skin-Prep is indicated for skin attachment sites for draining tubes, external catheters, surrounding ostomy sites and other adhesive dressings.
- Skin-Prep forms a protective film on skin that serves as a skin protection which may reduce exposure to urine and feces.
- Skin-Prep may be used as a skin protectant on intact or damaged skin.
For external use only. Keep out of the reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. In the case of accidental contact, flush eyes well with water. Do not apply directly to open wounds or in deep puncture wounds. Should redness or other signs of irritation appear, discontinue use.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Due to the nature of this product and our adherence to strict safety precautions, this product is NOT returnable unless it is unopened and has not been tampered with in any way. View Return Policy.
This item will typically ship via USPS when shipped alone.
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of your medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 - Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
Smith and Nephew Skin Prep is available in a liquid spray or by a box of individually packaged wipes.
MetroMedicalOnline offers a variety of wound care products. Always contact your physician before starting any wound care treatment. Many of our customers have reported excellent results using Puracyn OTC (formerly named Microcyn OTC). Puracyn OTC is an innovative new approach to wound care promoting faster healing time. It is a non-irritating, pH-balanced wound cleanser for minor cuts, burns, irritations, and superficial abrasions of the skin. After the wound has closed, proven scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, or Kelo-Cote will improve the appearance of scars and prevent abnormal or excessive scar formation.