Features of Lantiseptic Original Skin Protectant:
- Emollient ointment intended to protect chafed or ulcer-prone skin
- Helps promote the healing of skin injuries and serve as a first aid treatment
- Formulated to encourage the proper moisture balance of the skin, thereby supporting the body's natural healing process
- Effective in treating the following conditions:
- Diaper dermatitis
- Reddened or cracked skin
- Ulcer-prone skin
- Burns and other skin injuries
- Incontinence associated dermatitis
- Fragrance Free
- Lanolin-Enriched with 50% Lanolin
Additional Information as provided by manufacturer:
Lantiseptic is effective in treating the following conditions:
- Diaper Dermititis – With age, the epidermal layer of the skin, composed primarily of keratinocytes and stratum corneum, becomes dry and fragile with decreasing turgor and elasticity, predisposing the skin to irritation and breakdown. Research has shown that barrier ointments containing lanolin and petrolatum – the active ingredients in Lantiseptic – are more effective and longer-lasting in maintaining hydration and skin integrity among residents in skilled nursing homes.
- Ulcer-prone Skin – Excellent results with Lantiseptic in the care of pressure sores stages I and II have led to its introduction for general use in nursing homes. The manner of use must be adapted to the needs of the individual patient and must be in accordance with the procedures of the nursing home. The moisturizing, emollient nature of the ointment maintains a superior environment for the healing process.
- Incontinence – Lantiseptic is an effective skin protectant where urine, feces or intestinal contents irritate the skin. It should be applied to clean dry skin in sufficient quantities to act as a barrier. Its emollient action will help protect the skin and speed healing.
- Reddened or Cracked Skin – The soothing, moisturizing and protective properties of Lantiseptic make it well suited to the care of reddened or cracked skin. Specific applications should be adapted to the nature of the injury. Reddened skin will often clear overnight.
- Burns and Other Skin Injuries – Lantiseptic is not intended as a primary burn therapy but its protectant and emollient actions make it a useful adjunct in the treatment of burns and other skin injuries.
All orders over $50 ship for free!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot offer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of Lantiseptic or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
The Lantiseptic family includes the popular Lantiseptic All Body Wash spray and Lantiseptic Therapeutic Cream specially formulated for fragile, sensitive, and diabetic skin.
MetroMedicalOnline offers a full line of incontinence products including a favority of long-term care facilities: Prevail quality adult briefs, pull-ups, and underpads (chuxs). A favorite with MetroMedicalOnline's customers is the Prevail Washcloths. They are over-sized, super strong and super soft.