FLA Orthopedics"Fashioned for Form and Function"
- Allows for progressive rehabilitation of injured knee
- Polycentric Range of Motion Hinges
- flexion and extension settings can be adjusted in 20 degree increments to control movement of the joint, preventing further injury and speeding healing
- dual axis hinges track more closely with the knee motion than a single axis hinge to provide medial and lateral stabilization
- Tri-Permalon™ Material
- latex free and neoprene free
- ideal for those with sensitive skin or who are susceptible to heat build-up
- Durable Outer Material
- hook compatible and allows wrap closures to be placed anywhere on the support
- gives excellent strength and support
- inner breathable foam material does not retain body heat
- allows for cool and comfortable wear
- smooth lycra lining is comfortable against the skin and provides power stretch for compressive support
- Universal Two-Way Adjustable Straps
- fit a wide range of sizes
- create a custom-like fit
- improved fit that stays in place
- Open Popliteal
- eliminates bunching and irritation behind knee
- Wrap-Around Design
- easy application over swollen, tender joints
- Color: Black
- Fits Right or Left Knee
- Sizes (Measure around the center of kneecap): Regular (12-20"), Plus (18-26")
With over 30 years of experience, FLA is offers one of the most complete and innovative product lines available with an extensive patent portfolio that distinguishes their products from the competition.
FLA uses premium materials such as microdenier fibers, Lycra® spandex, and latex free elastics. Modern materials combined with proven designs result in the ultimate form and comfort.
- Mild to moderate ligament strains and sprains (ACL/PCL/MCL/LCL)
- Meniscal strains and tears
- Medial/lateral knee instability
- Chronic knee instability
- Post-op range of motion control
- Unfasten all straps and closures to separate the two panels.
- Position the back panel (panel with the popliteal opening and without any hook) behind the knee so popliteal opening falls at the crease behind the knee.
- Align the hinge on the panel with the side of the knee joint (medial side for right knee applications and lateral side for left knee applications). The center of the hinge should be aligned with the prominent bone on the side of the knee.
- Using the hook strips, attach the remaining panel to the back of the brace so that hinge is aligned with the opposite side of the knee joint (laterally for right knee applications and medially for left knee applications). Verify the hinge is aligned with the prominent bone on this side of the knee. Ensure the hook strips are fully attached at the back of the brace.
- Wrap panel around to front. Secure hook to close the brace.
- Check for accurate sizing. Support should fit snug but not so tight as to restrict circulation. Hinges should be aligned with the prominent bones on each side of the knee. If adjustment is necessary (hinges do not align), completely detach, adjust, and secure closures in back of the knee. Front closure may need slight readjustment for a proper fit. The opening in the front of the brace should fit snugly around the patella.
- With the panels in correct position, secure straps beginning with top strap. Feed straps through rings and secure.
- To remove brace, unfasten straps and open front closures only.
Setting the Hinge: Hinge has optional flexion and extension settings of 0, 10, 30, 50, 70, 90, 110 degrees. The caregiver should determine the correct setting for the condition. Each hinge can be set at flexion, extension, or both. Product is pre-set at 110,0 (110 degrees of flexion, 0 degrees of extension).
- Remove hinge from pocket.
- Open hinge cover and remove pins (4 total).
- Set flexion first by moving hinge arms until an opening is seen through the desired flexion setting. Drop pins into desired setting, snapping them into place. Set both sides of the hinge (left/right) at the same degree of flexion.
- Set extension by moving hinge arms until an opening is seen through the desired extension setting. Drop pins into desired setting, snapping them into place. Set both sides the of the hinge (left/right) to the same degree of extension.
- Close hinge cover.
- Insert hinge back into pocket.
Care Instructions: Remove hinges from brace by pulling out of hinge pockets. Fasten all closures. Hand wash in cold water with mild soap. Wrap in a towel to remove excess water (do not twist or wring). Air dry away from heat. Do not tumble dry. Do not bleach.
We at MetroMedicalOnline.com are dedicated to finding the perfect products for our customers and we believe in and stand by all of the products we offer. With a dedication to quality and comfort, we only offer products that pass our own rigorous standards and have been backed by many industry insiders including our our customers' feedback and testimonials. We do not offer products that we ourselves would not buy and believe in setting the standard in quality and reliability in the healthcare industry.
To speak to one of our caring, experienced Customer Service representatives at MetroMedicalOnline.com call 1-866-774-9513.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may try on an item for fit, but it cannot be worn and the original tags must be attached. We will not accept returns or issue refunds on items that have been worn, washed, have the tags removed, stained, smell of smoke, or damaged in any way. Please make sure all tags and packaging are exactly how they were shipped to you. The items must be carefully packed to protect the product and the packaging.
View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of any compression garment or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
MetroMedicalOnline has partnered with FLA Orthopedics to bring our customers the highest quality orthopedic supports and braces for every healthcare issue and lifestyle need.
FLA Orthopedics is continually adding to their product line which includes lumbar, rib, and abdominal supports; slings and posture control supports; back supports; elbow, wrist, finger, shoulder, knee, ankle, and foot supports. They also have a Pediatric line for children and the Activa Compression Sock and Hosiery products.
MetroMedicalOnline carries one of the best selections of Compression products, Mastectomy products, and Wound Care sections available from the most well known and recommended manufacturers for specialty products.