FLA Orthopedics"Fashioned for Form and Function"
- Intermediary support for an injured or unstable knee joint
- Polycentric Hinges
- allow the knee full range of natural motion
- protect against hyperextension with a built-in hinge-stop
- dual axis hinges track more closely with the knee motion than a single axis hinge
- Composite Hinge Material
- lightweight hinge straps made from high-grade, glass-filled nylon material
- heavy duty construction for strength and durability
- Contoured Condyle Shells
- allow for better fit and increased comfort
- protect knee joint against lateral impacts during activity
- Tapered Sleeve Design with Open Popliteal
- contoured neoprene sleeve design accommodates curvature of the leg
- brace fits comfortably and is less likely to migrate
- open popliteal eliminates bunching and irritation behind knee
- Superior Patella Stabilization
- double layer of supportive neoprene around the entire kneecap holds patella securely in place
- Adjustable Support Straps
- straps on thigh and calf adjustable for additional support and stability
- Low Profile, Slip-On Style
- easy application and removal
- comfortable to wear
- Sports neoprene generates and retains body heat for therapeutic warmth and increased circulation
- Color: Black
- Fits Right or Left Knee
- Sizes: Measure 4" above the center of the knee for thigh measurement and 4" below center of the knee for calf. If thigh and calf measurements disagree, use thigh measurement.
- Small: 15-18" (thigh), 11-13" (calf)
- Medium: 18-21" (thigh), 13-16" (calf)
- Large: 21-25" (thigh), 16-19" (calf)
- X-Large: 25-29" (thigh), 19-22" (calf)
- XX-Large: 29-33" (thigh), 22-24" (calf)
With over 30 years of experience, FLA is offers one of the most complete and innovative product lines available with an extensive patent portfolio that distinguishes their products from the competition.
FLA uses premium materials such as microdenier fibers, Lycra® spandex, and latex free elastics. Modern materials combined with proven designs result in the ultimate form and comfort.
Indications: (intermediary support for mild to moderate knee)
- Ligament strains
- Sprains (ACL/PCL)
- Meniscal injuries
- Medial/lateral co-ligament instabilities and tears
- Hyperextension or chronic knee instability problems
- Insert foot into support and slide up over knee with the popliteal opening behind the knee and the patella (circular) opening towards the front (straps may need to be loosened in order to slide support on).
- For proper fit, the patella opening should fit snug around the patella.
- The popliteal opening should fall over the crease in the back of the knee.
- The pivoting point or center of each hinge should be aligned with the pivoting point of the knee on both sides (this can be done by simply lifting up on the center of the hinge and placing it in the proper position).
- The condyle pads should fit comfortably on the sides of the knees.
- Secure the top and bottom straps first to maintain position.
- Secure the remaining two straps by alternating; secure the anterior (front) strap first, then secure the lower, posterior (back) strap. This is important in order to maintain the center of the hinge in line with the center of the knee. Do not pull straps so tightly as to limit circulation.
- Once all straps are secured, check for proper alignment.
- To remove brace, loosen straps and slide off the leg.
- Remember to check the hinge alignment with the center of the knee each time the brace is re-applied.
Care Instructions: Secure straps. Hand wash in cold water with mild soap. Wrap in a towel to remove excess water (do not twist or wring). Air dry away from heat. Do not tumble dry. Do not use bleach.
This product contains neoprene. Contact of neoprene material with skin may cause irritation. Persons with known susceptibility to dermatitis or with broken skin would avoid contact with this material. If skin irritation develops from contact with this material, discontinue use immediately and consult a physician. Should not be worn by those with phlebitis or circulatory disorders. Not recommended for use during sleep.
Consult a physician if pain, swelling or unusual reactions are experienced. This device is only one element in the overall treatment program. There is no guarantee that injury will be cured or prevented through use of this product. Device should be used under the supervision of a medical professional.
We at MetroMedicalOnline.com are dedicated to finding the perfect products for our customers and we believe in and stand by all of the products we offer. With a dedication to quality and comfort, we only offer products that pass our own rigorous standards and have been backed by many industry insiders including our our customers' feedback and testimonials. We do not offer products that we ourselves would not buy and believe in setting the standard in quality and reliability in the healthcare industry.
To speak to one of our caring, experienced Customer Service representatives at MetroMedicalOnline.com call 1-866-774-9513.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may try on an item for fit, but it cannot be worn and the original tags must be attached. We will not accept returns or issue refunds on items that have been worn, washed, have the tags removed, stained, smell of smoke, or damaged in any way. Please make sure all tags and packaging are exactly how they were shipped to you. The items must be carefully packed to protect the product and the packaging.
View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of any compression garment or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
MetroMedicalOnline has partnered with FLA Orthopedics to bring our customers the highest quality orthopedic supports and braces for every healthcare issue and lifestyle need.
FLA Orthopedics is continually adding to their product line which includes lumbar, rib, and abdominal supports; slings and posture control supports; back supports; elbow, wrist, finger, shoulder, knee, ankle, and foot supports. They also have a Pediatric line for children and the Activa Compression Sock and Hosiery products.
MetroMedicalOnline carries one of the best selections of Compression products, Mastectomy products, and Wound Care sections available from the most well known and recommended manufacturers for specialty products.