Note From MetroMedicalOnline's Customer Service Department:
It is important to always contact your physician and or wound specialist before starting any wound care therapy.
Additional Product Information as Provided by the Manufacturer:
How Mepitel One Works
Mepitel One may be left in place for up to 14 days, depending on the condition of the wound, which reduces the necessity for frequent primary dressing changes. The porous structure of MepitelOne allows exudate to pas into an outer absorbet dressing. The Safetac layer prevents the out dressing from sticking to th wound and ensures atraumatic dressing changes. The Safetac layer seals aroud the wound edges, preventing the exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk of maceratin.
Benefits of Meptel One:
- Minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Can remain in place for up to 14 days which in turn ensures undisturbed wound healing
- Enables less frequent dressing changes
- Minimises the risk of maceration
- Maintained product properties over time - leaves no residues and does not dry out
- Full transparency for quick and easy wound inspection during application and during wear
- Thin. Conforms well to body contours, promoting patient comfort during wear
- Easy to use as Mepitel One won´t stick to gloves, scissors, second layer etc
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
- Improved adhesion, increased position retention – stays in place
Areas of use:
Mepitel One is designed for the management of a wide range of exuding wounds such as:
- painful wounds
- skin tears
- skin abrasions
- surgical incisions
- partial thickness burns
- traumatic wounds
- partial and full thickness grafts
- radiated skin
- leg and foot ulcers.
It can also be used as a protective layer on non-exuding wounds and on areas with fragile skin.
Note: If Mepitel One is used on Epidermolysis Bullosa patients, employ extra surveillance at dressing changes. Adhesion level of Mepitel One is somewhat higher than of Mepitel.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the technical difference between Mepitel One and Mepitel?
Mepitel One consists of a polyurethane film coated on one side with Safetac technology. Mepitel is a polyamide-net, coated on both sides with Safetac technology. The construction makes it thinner and the adhesion level is a bit higher than for Mepitel.
What is the practical difference between Mepitel One and Mepitel?
- One sided - offering handling benefits such as no sticking to second layer at removal, scissors, gloves and so on
- Thinner – more conformable
- Fully transparent - offering better wound visibility
- Improved adhesion layer – better stay-on-ability
- Mepitel one could further be used as a protection layer, i.e. for a non-exuding wound
How to Use:
Product Description - Mepitel One consists of:
1. Safetac® wound contact layer on one side
2. A transparent, flexible, thin and perforated polyurethane film
Safetac is a patented soft silicone adhesive technology. On the wound, Safetac assures non-sticking and minimal trauma on removal even in critical situations when the exudate starts to dry out. On the skin, a dressing with Safetac has gentle but secure adhesion with no epidermal stripping or pain on removal.
Mode of Action
Mepitel One is a wound contact layer designed for the management of a wide range of exuding wounds such as painful wounds, skin tears, skin abrasions, surgical incisions, partial thickness burns, traumatic wounds, blistering, lacerations, partial and full thickness grafts, radiated skin, leg and foot ulcers. It can also be used as a protective layer on non-exuding wounds and on areas with fragile skin.
Instructions for Use
1. Clean the wound in accordance with clinical practice and dry the surrounding skin.
2. Choose a size of Mepitel One that covers the wound and the surrounding skin by at least 2 cm. For larger wounds more overlap is required. If more than one piece of Mepitel One is required, overlap the dressings, making sure that the holes are not blocked.
3. Remove the protective film by using the overlapping grip edge and apply Mepitel One with the tacky side to the wound.
4. Remove the remaining protective film and smooth Mepitel One in place onto the surrounding skin, ensuring a good seal.
5. Apply a secondary absorbent dressing (e.g. Mesorb®) on top of Mepitel One and fixate.
Frequency of change:
Mepitel One may be left in place for up to 14 days depending on the condition of the wound and surrounding skin (exudate should pass freely through the dressing and the pores should not be blocked), or as indicated by accepted clinical practice.
If saturated, the secondary absorbent dressing should be changed with the Mepitel One left in place. Mepitel One is a single use dressing.
When Mepitel One is used on burns treated with meshed grafts or after facial resurfacing imprints can occur if the product is not used properly.
- The wound should be inspected for signs of infection according to clinical practice. Consult a healthcare professional for the appropriate medical treatment.
- If Mepitel One is used on Epidermolysis Bullosa patients, employ extra surveillance at dressing changes. Adhesion level of Mepitel One is somewhat higher than of Mepitel.
- Mepitel One used on burns treated with meshed grafts: avoid placing unnecessary pressure upon the dressing.
- Mepitel One used after facial resurfacing: avoid placing pressure upon the dressing lift and reposition the dressing at least every second day.
- When used on bleeding wounds or wounds with high viscosity exudate, Mepitel One should be covered with a moist absorbent dressing pad.
- When Mepitel One is used for the fixation of skin grafts, the dressing should not be changed before the fifth day post application.
Sterility is guaranteed unless inner package is damaged or opened prior to use. Do not re-sterilise.
Mepitel One by the box ships for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of Mepilex Ag or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
Mepitel One is available in a variety of sizes: 2"x3", 3"x4", 4"x7.2", 6.8"x10". Your physician should advise you regarding the type of secondary dressing to use, e.g., gauze rolls, gauze sponges, or a product such as Melgisorb. Melgisorb absorbs large amounts of exudate (approximately 18 times its own weight). All of these products are available in our Wound Care section.
Many of our customers have reported excellent results using Puracyn OTC (formerly named Microcyn OTC). Puracyn OTC is an innovative new approach to wound care promoting faster healing time. It is a non-irritating, pH-balanced wound cleanser for minor cuts, burns, irritations, and superficial abrasions of the skin.
After the wound has closed, proven scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, or Kelo-Cote will improve the appearance of scars and prevent abnormal or excessive scar formation. Always consult your physician or wound care specialist before starting any wound care treatment program.