ChloraPrep single-use applicators eliminate direct hand-to-patient contact:
- Sterile, patented applicators reduce the risk of preparation-site contamination
- No hand-to-patient contact minimizes risk of cross-contamination
- Standardized protocol for use promotes aseptic technique
- Single Use
- Three-year shelf-life
- Does not contain DEHP
One-step, ergonomic design ensures smooth flow of solution with one hand.
Active ingredients: 2% chlorhexidine gluconate w/v and 70% isopropyl alcohol v/v
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) highly recommends using a 2% chlorhexidine solution as a skin antiseptic to help reduce catheter-related bloodstream infections (CRBSIs)
- The CDC recommends proper skin antisepsis to help reduce the incidence of surgical site infections
The ChloraPrep combination of 2% CHG and 70% IPA provides two mechanisms of action:
- IPA rapidly kills microorganisms by denaturing cell proteins
- CHG maintains persistent antimicrobial activity by disrupting the cell membrane and precipitating cell contents
WARNINGS: Flammable - Keep away from fire or flame.
To reduce risk of fire:
- Solution contains alcohol and gives off flammable vapors.
- Do not drape or use ignition source (e.g., cautery, laser) until solution is completely dry (minimum of 3 minutes on hairless skin).
- Avoid getting solution into hairy areas. Solution may take much longer to dry or may not dry completely.
- Do not allow solution to pool.
- Remove wet material from prep area.
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Due to the nature of this product and our adherence to strict safety precautions, this product is NOT returnable unless it is unopened and has not been tampered with in any way. View Return Policy.
This item will typically ship via USPS when shipped alone.
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of your medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 - Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
ChloraPrep® is also available in different sizes and applicator types.
MetroMedicalOnline stocks hard-to-find dialysis supplies such as SureSeal Bandages, SuperStoppers, and Nepro with Carb Steady Therapeutic Nutrition for People on Dialysis, SuperStoppers
Nepro is specifically designed to meet the special nutrient needs of people on dialysis and can be used as part of a diet plan for stage 5 chronic kidney disease.
MetroMedicalOnline carries many products designed for your protection include latex and vinyl gloves, surgical masks, and disinfectants.
To help to control the spread of disease, it is important to sanitize your hands often. Many healthcare professionals depend on Quik-Care Antimicrobial Foam Hand Rinse. Quik-Care kills the germs that can lead to the spread of infections, yet is emollients are gently soothing to skin. Available in two sizes and with hanging wallmount.