Additional Information Provided by the Manufacturer:
Calmoseptine ointment is approved by the FDA for use as a “skin protectant drug product”.
The FDA defines a skin protectant drug product as a product that “temporarily protects injured or exposed skin or mucous membrane surfaces from harmful or annoying stimuli and may provide relief to such surfaces”. (FR Doc 03-13751/347.3 June 4, 2004)
The ingredients in Calmoseptine Ointment:
- Provide a physical moisture barrier, keeping feces, urine and wound drainage from intact and injured skin.
- Act as a counter-irritant, and temporarily relieve discomfort and itching from rashes, eczema, insect bites, and contact dermatitis such as poison ivy, oak and sumac.
- Menthol has been shown to cause vasodilation. This may increase circulation to an area and aid in healing.
- Mild antiseptic ingredients may help prevent secondary bacterial and fungal infections of the skin.
Users have reported that Calmoseptine Ointment is effective for:
- Incontinence of Urine or Feces
- Diaper Rash
- Feeding Tube Site Leakage
- Wound Drainage
- Minor Cuts & Scrapes
- Minor Burns and Irradiated Skin
- Fecal, Urinary and Vaginal Fistulas
- Moisture in Skin Folds
- Hemorrhoids and Anal Fissures
- Partial thickness wounds
Calmoseptine Ointment is not approved for use in deep injury or puncture wounds.
Orders under $50 ship for a flat rate of $6.50. Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Due to the nature of this product and our adherence to strict safety precautions, this product is NOT returnable. View Return Policy.
This item will typically ship via USPS when shipped alone.
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of your medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 - Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is CustomerService@MetroMedicalOnline.com.
MetroMedicalOnline offers a full line of incontinence products including items such as disposable underpads (chuxs), spray cleansers, and barrier creams. A favorite of MetroMedicalOnline's customers are the Prevail pre-moistened wipes that are large, strong and thick. Calmoseptine and Lantiseptic are both well respected brands for protecting the skin against the irritants of feces and urine.